Is this normal?

6speedsd

Reaction score
So I already knew I needed a new oil cooler. Was watching temps today (haven't driven the truck in a week) and with the ac on running 65-70 highest reading I got was 192 ect 240 eot, so it's safe to say she is pretty badly clogged. First question...will a severely clogged cooler cause some slight puking? It's spit a little out last time I drive it, and a slight bit again today, but not really enough to drop the tank level. First thought was HG, but it's not really using coolant. Just spits enough to speckle up the tank. New cap as well, so that's not an issue. Second question...when I parked it, I popped the hood to check coolant level. Upper rad hose was under some serious pressure. Cracked the cap to the tank slightly to drain some pressure and the tank started filling back up. Coolant level was low, but still had some in there. By the time pressure had bled off, it was at the full mark. Where is it coming from? Or do I need to start worrying that I have a huge air pocket somewhere that's not purging? I still think I've partially lifted the heads, but wondering how much of that pressure is cooler related. I need to get a gauge on it to see how much pressure it really is building. Been driving the little Toyota pickup all week, and just couldn't stand seeing the ole girl sit there ignored...why I drove it today. No hard accelerations at all either. All this was just with mild driving, borderline babying it. Plan on doing another cooler next weekend, but just wondering about it pushing coolant and being under such high pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.