Isspro vs CTS

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
I'm in need of a new set of gauges and tuner, and I was planning on going with Isspros, PHP or Beans tunes. However I have a buddy telling me the best way to go is with the Edge CTS as far as gauges. He says the stepper motors in the EV2s are noisy, and something like that would drive me crazy. (I'm a little OCD) Also he was pointing out some decent features the CTS has. So the questions I have are;

Are the EV2s noisy?

Are custom tunes available for the EVO CTS?

I know PHP stopped offering tunes for them and I've done some searching and haven't found anyone else who offers them. I would like to kill 2 birds and have some decent tunes with the CTS to keep the cost down.

Any reasons I should go with the CTS over the Isspros or vise versa?

Spoolin'

Reaction score
The Ev2s are noisy compared to my autometers, but with the truck running or talking on the phone or listening to the radio, you can't hear them. The only time I hear them is when I actually listen for them before starting the truck. So I would say noise isn't a problem.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The EV-2's are not any more noisy than the hum of the stock fuel pump before the truck starts. You can't hear them once the truck is running.

I far prefer guages over an all in one monitor. The all in one's require PCM input. They require add on's for fuel pressure, pyro, any oil temps not covered by the PCM, coolant temps...

They are a magnet for theft.

Ev-2's have built in warning lights, are easy to wire, and trouble free. You do not need PCM input to have them work.

bruce

Reaction score
yeah analog gauges are the way to go, what happens if the screen messes up on the monitor? no gauges. and like stated you have to add sensors to get it to monitor things like fuel pressure and egt which drive the price up.

Spoolin'

Reaction score
id get both. Analog gauges for boost, pyro, and fuel pressure, use the monitor for everything else.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I've got EV2 boost, trans, pyro and fuel pressure on the A-pillar as well as a CTS monitoring ICP, IPR%, EGT, boost, oil temp, coolant temp.
The CTS is somewhat redundant monitoring two of the same parameters that I already have, but I got a screaming deal on a used one with a pyrometer and two pressure sensors included. I do like the capability of reading/clearing DTC's as well as data-logging with the CTS.

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
My buddy has a couple Isspros so I'm going to have to listen to them when he gets the truck back together. He's putting a cage in so it's blown apart. I like to think gauges are rock solid dependable but my Autometers were junk. I really don't want to drop the coin on Isspros and have the same problems or be driven crazy from the constant ticking. My truck is fairly quiet, I went all out with sound deadening materials. It's no 6.7 but quite impressive for a 7.3.

I'm not too concerned with the thought of the CTS 'going out'. Hell my PCM could sh!t the bed too. I'm leaning towards the CTS but kind of bummed that I cant get new tunes. I plan on having 6 gauges and that can get cluttery. I don't want to feel like a gypsy ricer. I can have the same capabilities of the Performax gauges at half the price and I do like being able to data log and check DTC's. But I can do the same with my Auto Engenuity but it would have to have my laptop with me. My buddy is a dealer so I can get ether or for a great price. Still up in the air...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
CTS for anything newer than 97. Stick with hard wired gauges for the OBS.

Unless you want the inside of your cab to look like the cockpit of an airplane, there is a lot left on the table when sticking with gauges.

The all in ones can be used for data logging, reading codes, back up cameras, easy to customize to look how you want, easily removed to avoid being a theft magnet (unlike 25 hard wired gauges).... The list of positives goes on.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
If you wanted an all in one screen for gauges and tuning you could look at the infinity screen from dp. Has a lot of PID's, plus, I believe it works with ts style chips as well (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

However, it's pretty expensive.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I use the TQ app now for ICP and duty cycle, hell anything the PCM uses is avalable for less then $25 bucks.

Isspro Ev-2 is the way to go...

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I don't hear any noise from my ev2's. If I do it's super faint and my truck windows up covers it completely.

I've installed several Edge cts's in dmaxs. They are nice. But I've never used one in a 7.3. Ide prefer gauges.

To add to that. Probobly one of the best gauges to get for a 7.3 would be the Aeroforce scan gauge Intercepter. Very cool gauge, moniters everything, and can perform buzz and contribution tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger on the CTS, I really like it. I do feel like something's missing without dial style gauges but the CTS provides tons of data. I would need 10+ gauges and a scan tool to do what this little screen can do plus it can data log all out of the box. Install was stupid easy >30 min. from the time I popped the hood. mind you the manifold was already tapped.

10 gauges @ $120 ea.
+ scan tool @ $150
vs.
CTS @ $420(retail)
+pyro @ $135(retail)

I'm Happy with it.

RPM TIM

Reaction score
Thinking about the CTS monitor also, Will you have to add another sensor for boost? I don't see myself running Torque constantly on my phone to be able to see fuel & oil. For me, it just makes more sense to have everything on one screen mounted in my field of view. Honestly I don't like the look of pillar gauges... this is not a race car, that's in the box behind me.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Thinking about the CTS monitor also, Will you have to add another sensor for boost? I don't see myself running Torque constantly on my phone to be able to see fuel & oil. For me, it just makes more sense to have everything on one screen mounted in my field of view. Honestly I don't like the look of pillar gauges... this is not a race car, that's in the box behind me.

CTS is capable of picking up a boost reading from the MAP sensor that the PCM sees. At least on OBS trucks however this reading is low, like half of what it should be. I added a pressure sensor and now it reads identical to my EV2.

Reaction score

yup you will be able to read it

Latest posts

Members online