Just got junk heads from ford.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Well as the title says I got junk 6.0 reman heads thats were so warped it was a joke. My question is that Ford doesn't offer brand new heads for some un godly retared reason only reman. Does International still make new heads tho for the 6.0's? Any one have a part number for international?

Snake

Reaction score
At least three people I know got ***ed by Clearwater Cylinder Heads this year. Buyer beware.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yeah after seeing a "new casting" of Odessa Cylinder Heads a buddy put on his truck, NO THANKS. I think he made it like 300 miles before blowing gaskets again. Took the heads off, they look like the surface had never been machined at all. They were really willing to help until they learned he was in Alaska and didn't want to pay freight. He took his factory Ford heads to the machine shop to get fixed going forward. Not the first time I've read/heard this happening either.

Snake

Reaction score
Yep. Shack got bent over on that deal. And the fact they left him high and dry afterwards sealed it for me.

Zmann

Reaction score
At least three people I know got ***ed by Clearwater Cylinder Heads this year. Buyer beware.

yup I read all the threads and there was no disputing the BS going on with
Odessa / and the other names they use being a non stand up company

Reaction score
I have also had issues with Clearwater/Odessa cylinder heads. Buyer beware!! I just buy core heads and have my local machine shop take care of them for me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Marty

Reaction score
Everytime I venture away from ford I always end up regretting it. A customer purchased odessa heads and we put them on. First time he towed with them it puked like no other.

One time I used victor reinz inj o rings a customer supplied. Only time ive had a failure on an injector I re oringed.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
So I just got another set back from the machinist and guess what there warped. Both are off 5 thousands. Is that to much to machine or am I good getting those surfaced? No one makes aftermarket billet heads for a 6.0 yet do they?

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
So I just got another set back from the machinist and guess what there warped. Both are off 5 thousands. Is that to much to machine or am I good getting those surfaced? No one makes aftermarket billet heads for a 6.0 yet do they?
Your safe to have those surfaced. Make sure the flux them too to make sure there are no hairlines in them.
Who are you lol?
He is John. Very good guy to deal with, and will take care of you anyway he can.:toast:

bad12jr

Reaction score
One time I used victor reinz inj o rings a customer supplied. Only time ive had a failure on an injector I re oringed.

Same here. Never again. I've spent more money trying to save money then I wanna count.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Mdub707

Reaction score
Even though they're both out .005", there is no way to tell if you can even machine them or not without knowing the thickness of the head. Obviously you want them flat, but if the head itself is already too thin there's nothing you can do. If there is enough meat available there, then yes, go ahead and have them decked. I'd recommend pressure checking and magnaflux too to check for cracks.