Just looked at a 2006 F-250 6.0 Turbo Diesel

GcontractorTX

Reaction score
I just looked at this truck. My painter is selling it. Truck looks nice well taken care of. Was test driving it an went in to autozone to see what codes the engine was giving.

1. 0069- mass air flow or Map sensor

2. 0460- fuel lvl sending unit

3. 0470- ECM

Now initially the ECM being bad scared me. The guy at autozone said it's really not that big of a deal that it's as simple as unplug one plug in another. Eeh? Not so sure about that, but I'm no expert.

Not so sure about the other codes either. I was told that I could probably get all those things fixed for $1200-$1500.

I know this is a 6.0 and they are known for some problems, but the price is right. The motor has 193k miles and he is the original owner. The has all the work records. Says he has had to spend $5k on the engine since he has owned it.

Am I biting off more than I can chew? Are the issues as bad as they sound? Or is there a chance that this is a good buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikah215

Reaction score
I wouldn't really trust an auto zone guy but

code 0069 probably just a sensor not a big deal code

Code 0460 probably faulty fuel sensor or open circuit on the fuel harness

ECM code I'm not to sure on

03 f250 6in lift 20x14s on 37s 4in straight pipe sct street tune from innovative bulletproof ficm

Mdub707

Reaction score
The P0069 and the P0470 are likely related.

P0069 is a map barometric pressure correlation issue. Easiest way to see what's going on compare the map readings to barometric pressure readings and EBP readings with the key on, engine off and see what you get. Could be as simple as a dirty EPB sensor and tube, which you can clean yourself.

The P0460 is a fuel level sending unit issue. I found this info elsewhere regarding that:

SERVICE PROCEDURE

P0460 can be caused by the installation of aftermarket equipment such as remote starter systems and auxiliary fuel tanks.
Ford offers a remote starter system which is recommended. If the vehicle has an aftermarket remote starter system, it would need to be removed / disabled before diagnostics for P0460 can be started.
Auxiliary fuel tanks that continuously replenish the vehicles main tank will cause a P0460. Customers that replenish the vehicles fuel tank from the auxiliary fuel tank while the key is on and engine is running, can set P0460. For vehicles with an auxiliary fuel tank, it is recommended not to use the gravity / continuous fill style auxiliary fuel tanks. It is recommended to add fuel to the vehicles main tank with the key off.
NOTE: P0460 CAUSED BY AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT/VEHICLE MODIFICATIONS IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
If there are no aftermarket equipment installed causing the P0460, perform PC/ED Pinpoint test QH and Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 413-01 Pinpoint Test B as directed. If no issues are identified per the procedure, reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release B43.4 and higher. This calibration contains a revised strategy to eliminate the occurrence of a false P0460. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.