Just when i decided not to mod the ile girl...

SPless

Reaction score
She decided to have a lot of problems. I finally got them figured out to the tune of alternator, radiator, CPS, and a set of injectors. My only question is wheres the best place to buy a set of stage 1s?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

davey99ps

Reaction score
Full Force is the only place I'll buy injectors from, but swamps, Unlimited, and Rosewood are all good options.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I suggest looking into Rosewoods as the cheapest, but all of the above mentioned are top notch.

SPless

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Another question, will a stock rebuilt transmission handle stage 2s with a triple disk converter and valve body?

davey99ps

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Another question, will a stock rebuilt transmission handle stage 2s with a triple disk converter and valve body?

It'll definitely help, but it's all gonna depend on your driving habits really. If you drive it like you stole it all the time an run the piss out of it then it prolly won't last, but if you only get on it occasionally then yes it should hold for quite awhile as long as the Trans is in good shape now

SPless

Reaction score
The trans was rebuilt about two months ago. It will eventually get a BTS, but i dint want to buy injectors and turn right around and buy more. Would a tuner be able to tune the injectors back until i could get a built trans in there?

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Yes it will be absolutely fine with a triple disk and valve body to handle stage II's. No issues. I'd upgrade the tranny cooler though just to make sure it stays nice and cool.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Yes they can detune them. Also, if you buy a BTS valve body now, when you go in to have your Trans built Brian will deduct that from the cost of the built Trans if I recall

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If he buys a BTS for stage II's i'll never leave another response in his threads again.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If he buys a BTS for stage II's i'll never leave another response in his threads again.

i had to! and saying it will be absolutely fine is the most retarded thing ive heard.... no it wont be absolutely fine unless he detunes it and never horses on it ... all it takes is one hard launch and chit will say *** you and let go of life! ive seen stock injected trucks take out mildly built trannys.

live life full throttle

mattman347

Reaction score
My stock trans lasted 20k with stage 1's and another 20k with stage 2's and all I had was a valve body. Its all in how you drive the truck, end of story. I did end up going to a BTS and have never looked back!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i had to! and saying it will be absolutely fine is the most retarded thing ive heard.... no it wont be absolutely fine unless he detunes it and never horses on it ... all it takes is one hard launch and chit will say *** you and let go of life! ive seen stock injected trucks take out mildly built trannys.

live life full throttle

Many many many people drive around with e4od's with a vb/tc/tranny cooler and do great. Especially the 97's with steel gears over the previous years aluminum gears.

Lots of guys drag w/ these trucks on mildly built stock e4od's and they are just fine.

The 4r's are tough as chit too with just vb/tc.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
Many many many people drive around with e4od's with a vb/tc/tranny cooler and do great. Especially the 97's with steel gears over the previous years aluminum gears.

Lots of guys drag w/ these trucks on mildly built stock e4od's and they are just fine.

The 4r's are tough as chit too with just vb/tc.

Aluminum gears.... you can't be serious....

you know a 4r and a e40d are the same trans 95% of the way through right... :poke:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Aluminum gears.... you can't be serious....

you know a 4r and a e40d are the same trans 95% of the way through right... :poke:

Its rather well-known that earlier e4od's had aluminum gears and the 97's had steel gears. Or am I understanding you wrong.

Biggreen96

Reaction score
Actually the 4r100 is when the gears were upgraded not 97. And even then the later years of the 4r had the best gears compared to the stock e4od crap.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Actually the 4r100 is when the gears were upgraded not 97. And even then the later years of the 4r had the best gears compared to the stock e4od crap.

Not true at all. 1997's started steel gears in the e4od's.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.