KC stage 2 excitement

yoder

Reaction score
About two years ago I upgraded my fuel/air in my 06 250. Went 175/30 and a diy stage 2 kit from kc. Coming off a totally stock truck I was super impressed at the power. And the sound of that new exhaust wheel was killer too. Been happy with the set up and wasn't planning on changing, but as I got on it a month ago I heard a pop and lost boost. Started to howl. After investigation I lost a fin on compressor wheel. Emailed charlie and he got back to me within an hour. I wasnt expecting a warranty or replacement just wanted to order a new turbo. Stuff happens when we mod these trucks. He got right back with me and offered a complete stage 2 at a significant discount. I was really impressed at that and his immediate service. But what really shocked me was how much better this new turbo runs compared to my old one. It comes on 300rpm faster, builds 8lbs more boost top end, and egts stop climbing 250 degrees sooner. Its a whole new animal. Its possible I screwed up when I put the old diy kit together, with how well it ran before I doubt it but compared to new one I'm starting to wonder. Lol. I haven't had this much fun in my truck for a while. Sorry for long post but I just wanted to share how happy I am I choose to use KC on my truck. My brother just joined the 6.0 club and we are definitely going to order another from charlie when its time.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Seems like his customer service is great. I am highly contemplating going KC Stage 2 and injector upgrade at the same time of bullet proofing so I would be just like you going from bonestock to a fun truck would make me smile.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Charlie's products and customer service is some of the best in the business. I sell a ton of his turbos and haven't had one complaint yet. It's good to hear that your new stage 2 rips.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Charlie is a great guy to deal with. He has even dropped by the track and helped me run down issues when my truck wasnt running quite fight and didnt have anything to look at stuff with. His customer service is awesome!

As far as this stage 2 being better. I know he has made a bunch of changes to his turbos through the years, and i believe the built ones are slightly different than the diy ones, but im not 100% on that.

yoder

Reaction score
^^ this. I saw a guy say that no limit needs to make a clear intake tube so we can see that bad azz housing. I fully agree with him. Lol. And I already have a no limit kit.

Latest posts

Members online