Later tcm flash

swinky

Reaction score
I've heard some things about a later Tcm flash for the earlier 6.0s that helps out. Can somebody clear up how this works?

I don't understand how this will help a truck that's already tuned. Is it just a base file that a custom Sct tune tweaks? Also will this change my strategy? I have the early 03 strategy still and would like to take it to ford to get is flashed if it would be beneficial. MorganY had some interesting things to say about this in a thread I was reading from a year or so ago.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
I remember talking to matt way back and i believe the custom tuner uses his own strategy so no worries on going to ford for an updated flash. The tuner uses the best strategy they see fit for there tune I believe. I may be wrong as im questioning now my memory.

swinky

Reaction score
I thought the strategy was constant. My tuners always ask me what strategy I have and just use it.

Dave

Reaction score
I thought the strategy was constant. My tuners always ask me what strategy I have and just use it.

Nope tuners will often write for whatever base strategy they like to write from.

My truck is a vxcf4 base. Ive got tunes for Vxcf4,5,7 and 9

Latest posts

Members online