Led bulbs won't last in newer superduty?

Mark13

Reaction score
I have a 2012 F550 and am having trouble getting led bulbs in the mirrors and the cab lights to last more then a few months. The factory bulbs lasted for years and the led's can't seem to make it 6 months before they all quit working. Does anyone have a suggestion for where my trouble might be? I've tried leds from Amazon and Superbrightleds and neither of them lasted. The leds act like they get hot and then start shutting down. If I turn the lights on, over about a 5 minute span you can various leds start flickering and then shutting off, sometimes the whole bulb will flicker and shut off. If the lights are turned off and turned back on all the leds will turn back on then repeat the same process of flickering and shutting off. If you guys have any suggestions or ideas I'm interested to hear them, I'm trying to avoid going back to normal bulbs in the mirrors and cab lights but if that's what it takes then I'll switch them all back.

GregW

Reaction score
I have the Recons in my cab lights and the Recon mirror lenses with built in LEDs. So far (knock on wood) I haven't had any issues, but they've only been in for about 3 months.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Interesting, I had LEDs in my DRW for a few months now most of them came from superbright led mirror lights etc , the domes came from Phillips and the reverse lights are from vleds.

No problems here.

Latest posts

Members online