LED running/turn bulbs

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I installed new head lights and marker lights up front. With no running lights the front amber turns are bright. But with running lights on you can tbareky tell the bulb is flickering for turns.

I wanted to swap the wiring so the running was dim and turn was bright but I guess that's not how the circuit works?

What led bulbs work for both turn/running?

PDT1081

Reaction score
Spendy, but VLed Tritons are good visually. I had a controller go out after 5 years, and of course they've updated their products since then and no longer sell those controllers. They required an extra relay harness to work with my truck (2013).

The Profile bulbs are bright as well. They don't just dim for turn signals. They act more like a switchback, and go dark between blinks. Unfortunately, my truck seems to be one that has stray voltage problems, so they don't work for me (reason for the extra harness with VLeds).

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
These?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211216-064847_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211216-064847_Chrome.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 106

dsberman94

Reaction score
I got some switchbacks from superbrightleds.com years ago and definitely don’t have any sort or dimming issues. Grab an LED relay while you’re on the website so you don’t deal with the fast flash or have to wire in resistors. Back then they weren’t $110 either. Probably still aren’t.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I got some switchbacks from superbrightleds.com years ago and definitely don’t have any sort or dimming issues. Grab an LED relay while you’re on the website so you don’t deal with the fast flash or have to wire in resistors.

I just wired in resistors yesterday too and it fixed rapid flash. I just have very weak flashing

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
$97 for turn signal bulbs but that's OK. It's only money

dsberman94

Reaction score
Looks like the running light isn’t turning off when the turn signal turns on. Have you tried spinning the bulb around 180 degrees in the socket? Or try disconnecting the resistor. Not sure why that would mess with it but I also don’t know if the bulb worked correct before the resistor.
I hate the resistors. I had issues with them and finally got tired of fighting with it not working. Stopped at the part store one night, got an LED relay and swapped it in the parking light, blind and in the dark. I have since bought new light sockets with pigtails and gotten rid of the jumbled mess from the splice. My dad also paid someone to wire in resistors in his ‘14 f150 and he had issues with them too even though they’re soldered in. I went and turn fast flash off with forscan.

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
So driver side in video is led.

Passenger side is regular filament bulb.

There was no change when resistor went in besides corrected blink.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Flipped bulb yes. Even looked at it out of the light unit and there is no separate running vs turn. Running the leds dim and when blink comes in it get brighter.

Well see with bulbs

PDT1081

Reaction score
This is the rat's nest of wiring that went along with them. I believe the newer version moves the controller into the bulb to clean it up a bit, but it still uses the junk ass adapter plug that gets plugged into the factory bulb socket. I had a couple of those go bad and need replaced.
20160708_180433.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Hmm.

What else of theirs were you running? I will have to see how they work with the resistors I already wired in, I may cut their leads and hardwire everything. I don't give a **** about warranty.

Hoping they show up soon cause I have no front signals with how dim they are.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Hmm.

What else of theirs were you running? I will have to see how they work with the resistors I already wired in, I may cut their leads and hardwire everything. I don't give a **** about warranty.

Hoping they show up soon cause I have no front signals with how dim they are.

Same thing in the taillights. Had a controller go bad this year (year 5). Pulled them and replaced with Profile LED. For some reason, the Profile will work in the taillights, but not the front on my truck.

The VLeds use a weatherpak type plug on everything, except the build adapter to the bulb socket. There's a provision to plug in their resistors. It's a nice system, I just got tired of messing with it. Seemed something minor would go out at the least opportune times.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
The bulbs just plugged right into my factory sockets and worked great with the resistors I already wired in.

Thank you