Let me pick some brains...

6speedsd

Reaction score
Ok, I've been trying to get a shifting issue resolved for a while now. After talking to Mark quite a bit over the past week (can't thank you enough Mark!), I think I have it narrowed down to a speed sensor issue. Here is where I'm at...

Finally found a way with AE to read what mph the speed sensors are showing. With AE, you have these options...

Left front speed sensor
Left rear " "
Right front " "
Right rear " "

Ok, "right rear" reads nothing when driving, so seeing as how the VSS is the only one in the rear, I'm assuming "left rear" is in fact reading VSS. From 0-50mph, the back one read the same as my actual speed. The front ones (both left and right) read 5-7mph HIGHER than actual speed (and always match).

The issue I've been having is the trans shifting sooner than it's supposed to. With the front sensors reading 5-7mph higher, is that enough to cause shifting conflicts? At first I thought maybe they were reading correctly, and the VSS was just reading lower than actual speed, but if that were the case, shouldn't my shifts be later than they should instead of sooner? Seems odd that both front sensors are reading higher, while showing the same speed. Why would both give faulty readings all at once? I could see if it one or the other was off, but both being off by exactly the same amount?

This issue has been a frustration for the longest, and it feels good to finally have some hope that I'm about to get it straightened out! What say ye? 5-7mph enough to cause early shifts?

Mark if you read this... I've PMed you about it as well.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Any tuner installed?
I Experienced some relatively same issue with bullydog installed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Radio

Reaction score
Unplug the front speed sensors and see what happens. It should default to whatever sensors are working. You will just get an abs light.
When my right front sensor failed I got a light and cruise did not work but speedo worked. Right now my harness to the rear sensor is junk. I have an abs light but cruise, abs, and speedo all work fine.
Neither issue has ever affected shifting though.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Yea, after talking with Mark again he clarified that the front sensors aren't used in shifting at all, so that rules that out.

Still curious as to why they read higher than actual speed though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xp1ik05

Reaction score
Here's how much came out, like I said not a lot but enough to worry me.

36D43771-7DD3-4AF3-A339-3208B6021FCB_zpsmqn1md21.jpg

Latest posts

Members online