Lift on 2002 7.3l powerstroke

pizzacoma

Reaction score
I need to buy new shocks for my 2002 7.3l 4x4 SD PSD

I bought it used

How can I tell if it's got a lift on it?

And recommendations on some good heavy duty shocks?

Thank you

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
post a pic

:whs:

It is usually pretty obvious by just looking at it. If it is just a spring pack leveling kit, stock sized shocks will work.

As for a recommendation on shocks, Bilstein 5100's for sure. I love mine...

bilstein5100_zpsf4f3d5e5.jpg

Last edited:

pizzacoma

Reaction score
5100s will fit on a non-lifted f250? Anyone know a good source. Autoanything screwed me over They've been postponing my shipping date every week for a month now.

pizzacoma

Reaction score
Ok I ordered the 5100s. Thank you for your help. I've read a bit that installation is pretty basic. Anything I should know or a good link to a thread? Thank you!!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
On 02 and later trucks, with say a 6 inch lift that's ALL spring, is it worth it to replace the shocks, do they even do anything?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Ok I ordered the 5100s. Thank you for your help. I've read a bit that installation is pretty basic. Anything I should know or a good link to a thread? Thank you!!

Probably the most basic installation of any part on the truck. Should take less than an hour to do the complete job. They just bolt in and you do not have to remove anything else. Just do not cut or remove the strap around the rear shocks until they are installed. They can be a pain to compress and line up without the strap.

Latest posts

Members online