Lift questions!!

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
Alright I have a late 99 Superduty crew cab Short bed.

Right now it has a 6" lift, spring pack up front, and dumb setup of three blocks in the rear. I want to drop it at least 2"s.

I was wondering if I could just take a couple middle leafs out of the front pack to drop it a couple inches? I can get the back level easily by taking out one of the rear blocks. Also I'm guessing the front track bar then wouldn't fit and neither would the sway bar links. Would it also be okay to keep the drop pitman arm?

I am looking now to just trade someone for the stock parts or someone that has a leveling kit. Question is what do you guys recommend for leveling kit? Was looking at the Pro-Comp 2" shackle leveling kit. I want the ride to be smooth, but have to clear 35x12.5x20 Cooper STT's and the rims are 20x10 -24 offset. I don't want any rubbing.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

John

davey99ps

Reaction score
Alotta guys have been clearing that wheel set-up with just a leveling kit. As far as the rear, I'm sure you already know, but stacking blocks is a bad idea, stacking 3 is a really bad idea. Good luck with the new set-up, I'm sure you'll love it

Last edited:

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
The plan is to just leave the stock block in the rear. Have to get the truck lowered down to pull my goose neck trailer. Ill just go with leveling kit up front. From everyone's experience with an add-a-leaf up front, did it noticeably make your ride worse? Seems to be the easiest way to level the front end out, won't ever have a plow up front, so hard to justify making the front end stiffer. Who else makes shackle leveling kits besides procomp?

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Mini spring packs..Icon's or Deavers..but a hanger kit will ride better as it will allow additional up travel..PM if I can help with your suspension.

Latest posts

Members online