steering shaft

brake lines at the driver's side fender well by the intercooler

intercooler

batteries

air intake

coolant tank

trans temp wire (if aftermarket gauges)

boost line (if aftermarket gauges)

and very important, TRANS DIPSTICK. Make sure you let it come out of the trans and up with the cab. It is a MAJOR pain in the ass if you try and route it thru and put it back in after putting the cab back down. Ask me how I know- twice. :doh: LOL

That's most of the major stuff I can think of off hand but obviously there's a lot more harnesses to unplug and other stuff to undo.

It was a good bit easier to do than I thought. Just need to take your time and make sure you get everything.

Just make sure you lift very slowly once you think you've got it all and make sure you have someone spotting for you to see if anything was forgotten.

Last edited:

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
You can leave the trans dipstick bolted to the engine. Just re-install it before you lower the cab back down.

Reaction score
same with the ficm leave ithe two a/c lines that run down to the compressor,lines from the gear box,lines that run from the powersteering pump to the hydroboost and reservoir,linkage off the trans,abs lines on the fenderwell's,starter trigger wire on pas fender,4x4 vacumn line on pas fender,both batterys,trans cooler lines on radiator,upper and lower radiator hoses,all 8 cab bolts,i think that everything

java

Reaction score
Good info, I'm going to lift my cab in the near future and some instructions would be very helpful. Lol

imelmo

Reaction score
Were pulling another cab in the morning i could take some pictures and post them up for you guys that have never done it.

Yes! :D In particular most of the hard to get to or see stuff as well as the often forgotten stuff. Thanx!

Matt_P

Reaction score
I coulda taken pics on wednesday too if I had known since i just pulled my cab off again.

Since you have an 03 there are also two wiring plugs back by the transfercase on the frame rail that need to be unplugged

You dont need to pull any seats out to get to the cab bolts

13/16 cab bolts on passenger side and 15/16 on drivers side

Make sure you pull the positive battery cable to the drivers side battery all the way out of where it runs along the core support back to where it connects with the passenger side cable and lay it over the engine

Undo the AC line running from the compressor to condensor and pull it through the core support

Cant think of anything else off the top of my head, should only take about an hour to pull

Denver

Reaction score
If your in ever south county stop by Buds shop. He always has a cab in the air. He can anwser all of your questions.

Latest posts

Members online