Light bar switch locating / wireing

Lugger007

Reaction score
I bought 2 light bars for front bumper and 1 for the bed rack. I'm not sure if I should wire them direct to high beams or to a dedicated switch.

So for those of you that installed aftermarket lights or light bars, how did you wire them in, to a dedicated switch (where) or your head lights?

Any ideas are appreciated.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i put mine on upfitter ... flashing the brights with my lightbar is just cruel.

sagebel

Reaction score
ude3ebar.jpg

The two switches on the right are surface mount switches from O'reilley's. I also have to potentiometer for my high idle and by backup light indicator in there. This is same panel out of my '11. I bought a new one and put it in the old truck before getting rid of it. This way any buyer can't complain about holes in the dash.

Lugger007

Reaction score
ude3ebar.jpg

The two switches on the right are surface mount switches from O'reilley's. I also have to potentiometer for my high idle and by backup light indicator in there. This is same panel out of my '11. I bought a new one and put it in the old truck before getting rid of it. This way any buyer can't complain about holes in the dash.

That's an awesome location. I never even thought of it. Ill prob do that. Thanks for the idea