limp mode even more problems

bnestock

Reaction score
Well the other day I broke a turbo shaft in half, well today I started putting a new trubo in and when it was all going back together I bumped my top altermator post (somehow the rubber cover had backed off of it) and arced it. Well I get everyrhing buttoned up add fresh oil an start the truck. It started fine but went into limp mode. Turned it off and tried restarting it and would only crank. I disconnected the batteries and out them on a charger. My ? Is what would be some things to check that I might have fried. All the fuses under the steering wheel checked good with my meter. Its throwing pedal postion sensor codes, icp codes, egr codes amd some other ones I can't remeber off the top of my head thanks.

bnestock

Reaction score
I haven't started under the hood yet. Ima check all of them in the am. If those fuses check out is there ne thing else I can check?

Gary

Reaction score
The trans has a safe mode, there is no limp mode for the engine. What codes do you have? Is it really down on power? Maybe it's not making boost.
Also check the MAP hose going to the intake.

bnestock

Reaction score
Well a day prior to this I blew a turbo apart, and upon putting it in I arced something. I pulled the codes there was roughly 15. There was egr codes, icp codes, ledal position codes amd some others. I left my batts unhooked over night then checked all fuses and pulled all relays, and it started up like a champ and no limp mode now.. I don't know exactly what it was but its fixed now. Thanks.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The trans has a safe mode, there is no limp mode for the engine. What codes do you have? Is it really down on power? Maybe it's not making boost.
Also check the MAP hose going to the intake.

Trans safe mode cut fuel and make the gauges not work correctly? I'm not sure what you'd call it, but I definitely did some sort of a limp mode at one point. Holding boost at a stop light, took off, no problems. Coasted to next stop light. Went to take off normally, power dropped way down, no smoke out exhaust (running Innovative extreme street) and my speedo stopped working. Just cruised down the road down on power for about 2 miles and it all came right back like normal.

Latest posts

Members online