Little Help With CSF Intercooler

TFDWookie

Reaction score
Hey đź‘‹ guys,

Looking for some help with my CSF intercooler purchase. I have done a search and not really getting my question answered. Also let me say that I have called CSF directly (they could not answer my question), I also called three other distributors (XDP, Diesel Power Products and Throughbed Diesel) and none of them could find the answer for me.

I own a 2003 F-250 XLT 6.0Land I am looking to replace my factory intercooler. I just ordered the No Limit cold air intake, hot side and cold side piping as well. Figured while I was doing that let’s get a small upgrade or just more reliability and change out the intercooler.

Anyway I was looking at the CSF 6028 but know one seems to have them in stock and don’t even show that part number anymore. Some places do carry the CSF 7106 but they do not seem to know what the difference is and do not have any specs on it.

I decided to go right to the source and call CSF. They stated they are still making the 6028 (least that is what I was told buy the phone rep, she did not seem very confident). I also asked are they making the CSF 7106 and she said yes. I asked what the difference is and she did not know. I asked to speak within someone that would know and I guess they are not available. The reason why I am chasing this down is because there seems to be a 200-300 price difference and from what I can tell everyone that I have searched on forums use the CSF 6028.

Any help would be appreciated and if you know where I can find the answers.

I appreciate your time

TFDWookie

Reaction score
I’d say skip csf and go with something proven, in stock and with good customer service.
I thought guys really liked the CSF and it was proven. I have seen guys post on the 6028 being good.

If not any suggestions. I am sure Mishumoto but i was trying not to spend over 1000. I did find one place that had the CSF 6028 for $556 and they have two of them in stock.

I do have to admit I was kinda turned off but no one that I called trying to help. Specially since I have bought other truck parts from them.

Thanks in advance

ncollins64

Reaction score
I’m a spearco fan, but afe and even banks makes a good ic. Go with good service, if they can’t help you now before a sale, they def won’t help you after a sale. Just my .02

TFDWookie

Reaction score
I’m a spearco fan, but afe and even banks makes a good ic. Go with good service, if they can’t help you now before a sale, they def won’t help you after a sale. Just my .02
ncollins64

Thanks for the reply. I will look at the spearco and afe being that I have not looked at them. I know the banks is a nice but the price $$$$.

I was after the csf because quality looks nice and was on par with the banks. Had see members here and other site that used the csf with success.

I 100% agree with you about the customer service. Makes me wonder who I buy any intercooler from will they stand behind it.

Have a great day

Dewman

Reaction score
I just bought the 6028 from rock auto. Fit perfectly. Had to get one anyways since my stocker blew a hole in it. Fit nicely. As far as my opinion I need to get some things ironed out on it before I can let you know how it is. Just replaced the long block in it and having some idling issues

Latest posts

Members online