Live tuning worth the money on a 6 speed truck

jaybuller

Reaction score
Hello y'all, I'm considering getting live tuned. Just because no limit will be coming close to where I am next month. Anyways my truck runs great but I'm sure it could be tuned to idle a little smoother and possibly get more power... But for the most part when live tuning is most of the focous usually on shifting in the auto trucks? Would live tuning a 6 speed be generally less time consuming than an auto truck? Thanks .... And for those that have been live tuned and you have a 6 speed was there a big noticing e difference in the smoothness or the way it ran? I just would rather not spend the 300 or so dollars on a live tune that would only last till the next time I decide to change injectors or so other part on my truck....

hwrdbd

Reaction score
I'm debating about this as well, but I'm not sure if I'll get injectors in by the time of the event.. I would think that with live tuning on our trucks we would benefit from being able to get the pedal responsiveness and linearity dialed in. Just my two cents. From the CT area if you don't mind my asking?

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I'm with groomzy. Your setup is pretty common and most tuners have setups like that nailed pretty solid. Once you get into some of the bigger hybrids and different turbo applications then idle and drivability issues can arrise. That being said it's never gonna hurt to have it live tuned and I would think they could have that setup dialed in pretty quickly.

SeeYa

Reaction score
Hello y'all, I'm considering getting live tuned. Just because no limit will be coming close to where I am next month. Anyways my truck runs great but I'm sure it could be tuned to idle a little smoother and possibly get more power... But for the most part when live tuning is most of the focous usually on shifting in the auto trucks? Would live tuning a 6 speed be generally less time consuming than an auto truck? Thanks .... And for those that have been live tuned and you have a 6 speed was there a big noticing e difference in the smoothness or the way it ran? I just would rather not spend the 300 or so dollars on a live tune that would only last till the next time I decide to change injectors or so other part on my truck....

Many people will tell you to wait until you are done modding your truck and they are correct.

With that said, Live tuning is for everyone. The results will vary depending on what you have done to the truck. If you get live tuned now and you change something what was done during live tuning can be thrown down the drain. If you don't plan on doing anymore the benefits will be having a truck that performs to your desires. It's personal tuning adjustments that you and only you have.

jaybuller

Reaction score
Thank you Seeya. i fifgured just as much. i think ill wait untill i get my 38r and my new hpop on before i go live tuning. Very good way to look at it.

jaybuller

Reaction score
Preston, ct I think around the 28th of sept.,
I still may go down and get a tune if they can do my hydra chip. But I don't think ill have my new turbo or hpop on by then so I may just wait.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
My personal opinion...

ANY set up that is going to remain on the truck for more than a few months, is worth live tuning.

loboost

Reaction score
I'm gonna shoot up to innovative in the near future for some live tuning on my 6.0

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My personal opinion...

ANY set up that is going to remain on the truck for more than a few months, is worth live tuning.

exactly what i say to everyone asking about tunes!!!

jay, if you are even thinking of turbo, hpop, or anything else, do it... then get it live tuned... EVERYONE can benefit from live tunes...

live life full throttle

jaybuller

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I guess now I just need to figure out a round about number is takes to get it tuned. I know my setup is pretty basic so shouldn't take a whole lot of work to get it right, what have you guys been paying to get live tuned? Also if anyone knows is it possible to just get your live tune burned to the PCM? I have the hydra and nltd doesn't do the hydra yet but can they live tune directly to the PCM? Thanks I also asked Jason in a Pm but if y'all know let me know! Thanks!

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
2-300 to get live tuned, depends on the complexity of the mods.

Small price to pay IMO... I ran a PMR motor in the hot tune, nothing but the hot tune, for over 30K. Still ran great when I pulled it.

Trap speed put the truck over 400.

Latest posts

Members online