Live tuning

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thinking of having my truck tuned live when I get my new setup done.

Does idp tune live? What are the costs & what's included?

I'm in nc & idp is only a few hours away.

3brorce

Reaction score
They sure do. They will most likely just charge you a dyno fee to get you dialed in but I dont want to speak for them either.

3brorce

Reaction score
Never heard of any tuners tuning off logs with a ford but I am sure they can just never had it first hand. I could see logging if there is a tune issue. Now with EFI Live I sure have. Never have had any of my fords tuned off data logging. Now the cummins and EFI, yea.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Never heard of any tuners tuning off logs with a ford but I am sure they can just never had it first hand. I could see logging if there is a tune issue. Now with EFI Live I sure have. Never have had any of my fords tuned off data logging. Now the cummins and EFI, yea.

100% correct. I just figured since they could with EFI on the CumminGs that they could on the PSD platform as well. Guess I was wrong.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
cant "live" tune a ford ecm either unless its a 7.3. You need to make runs on the dyno, tweak the file, then reflash the ecm and run it again to see the changes.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
cant "live" tune a ford ecm either unless its a 7.3. You need to make runs on the dyno, tweak the file, then reflash the ecm and run it again to see the changes.

Would face to face tuning be a better choice of words?

Is live tuning basically adjusting parameters during the dyno run?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
live tuning is basically real time. Say you want less smoke from 0-25% throttle position, you can make that change and physically see the change in smoke out put while on the dyno or street, not possible on a 6.0 or 6.4. Hopefully that helps. Duramax and cummins guys typically tune off logs, always did with my s4's, and my brothers duramax. You can basically do the same thing with a 6.0 if the equipement is there. Eric has been able to make some good advancements by reading graphs and tuning on the dyno. Thats why theyre such great tools, not just numbers.

3brorce

Reaction score
They can live tune him. Live tuning is live tuning. Whether it be of logs, street tuning whichever it may be. You can take it to a tuner and he will tune it for him in person, hence live tuning. Can be pretty much done via email but my point is that you can be lived tuned.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
fwiw, ive been asked for data logs to see whats going on with my truck so tuning changes can be made.... i didnt have anything to datalog with though so i drove to the shop to get live tuned....

live life full throttle

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
fwiw, ive been asked for data logs to see whats going on with my truck so tuning changes can be made.... i didnt have anything to datalog with though so i drove to the shop to get live tuned....

live life full throttle

Won't some of the sct devices save data log files?

Latest posts

Members online