Long Time A'Leakin

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
I have had my truck for 5 weeks. I did a coolant flush and shifted to Delo ELC 2 weeks ago, and that's when the problems started. I read on here that it would be good to go WOT once a day, so I started doing that. Found the first evidence of a coolant leak under the truck, just a little bit. Ford garage said it was the old orange EGR cooler hose, which they replaced for an arm and a leg. They pressure tested it, drove it at freeway speed and said I was good to go. I went WOT once on the way home and found coolant under the truck. Ford garage said it was a hairline crack in the forward weld on the EGR cooler. They wanted $2500 for that and an oil cooler, so I decided to get the parts and do the work myself.
Well, I found the leak, and from the evidence, I'd say this truck has been leaking for months, probably years. It was an extremely small leak, probably accumulating in the valley and never making it to the ground. From there it evaporated. But the previous owner, when he noticed the level going down, just added pure water. A few years of this, with nothing under the truck, and it became routine. So slowly the water took over and there was only water and a little rust in the system. In my opinion, rust and rust alone can seal a hairline crack. When I did the Restore Plus, it killed the rust and the leak came back. Look at my photographs and see if you agree with me. While the intake manifold is being cleaned, I'll service the turbo and maybe the transmission. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    835.2 KB · Views: 70

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
remove HPOP cover to see if STC fitting has been updated...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.