Looking at a 2004 cab and chassis xlt

Chadilac

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to this forum so if this is in the wrong section forgive me. I found a deal on a local 04' 6.0 that I am excited about and may end up selling my dmax for to try and save some coin and still be able to have a truck that can do whatever I throw at it and enjoy it at the same time. A couple of my friends are 6.0 owners and one is forum member, so I am very aware of what the 6.0 requires and it's issues etc.

The truck is a 2004 regular cab xlt that is a cab and chassis 4x4 and it has 152,000. The owner is asking 5,900 for it and I just want to see what the majority of you all think. Like I said it is a reg. cab and chassis xlt, it was used as a work truck before and I would like to purchase it for my personal truck pending on your guys opinion. Right off the bat it will need a bed/tailgate, rear bumper, receiver hitch, trailer brake controller and plug that mounts on the bumper, some decent factory take off's and last but not least intake(not necessary for light mods if I am not mistaken?) exhaust, gauges and an sct. for now. It has some light rusting around the wheels wells that can easily be contained and hidden with some factory flairs and it also has cab lights :clapping:

That is about it I can give you guys the link to the add but it is very vague. And to note the truck started easily but I will testing the head gaskets with the gauge hooked to the degas bottle. Also the truck has oil coming down on the oil pan and a little on the bottom of the bell housing is it more common for a rear main to go on this year and mileage or more common for bedplate gasket failure?

And last but most importantly to me I know I don't have many posts but can somebody point me in the right direction for getting an Oasis ran on this truck? vin is: 1FDSF35P04ED47248

Thank you in advance guys

Chad D.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
You gotta be on crack if your are selling your duramax for a 04 6.0. Not even good crack either, cheap stuff that is frying your brain.

05wh250

Reaction score
might wanna measure the wheel base and make sure you can get a regular bed on it, some of the cab and chassis had a super long wheel base. as for the oil leak my pan bolts were loose, still got a little oil on the front of the trans but my oil level doesn't really change so im not that worried about it. a 6.0 is like a detroit if it don't leak somethings wrong.

Latest posts

Members online