looking for thoughts

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
Truck currently:
06 f250, stock tranny,
motor: 155/stock tips, stock turbo(had powermax with batmowheel but blew up)
afe, intercooler pipes. elbow
k/n cold air intake
4" turbo back exhaust
sinister egr cooler.
xdp sump tank kit, fass 95gph lift pump with filters , to stock fuel pump(holds me at 62psi wot)
blue spring upgrade
6.4 banjo bolts
innovative tunes laid down 460hp on dyno anarchy tune not studded

This is my daily driver that I use as a weekend toy and toy hauler sometimes too. During the summer I put my slide in camper on truck and tow my jeep tj to off road events. I have never changed the tuning to tow always run x street and take it easy on hills (egt hits 1300-1400 max ) as a daily driver I can hammer on it and see 14-1600* for reference. Sled pulling and racing can max gauge out.

This is the build I am planning
parts I have in pile: egr delete kit, coolant filter kit, arp head studs, ford gaskets. boost fooler.

I have ordered a turbo from MAD TURBO WERKS - called the mad max it is suppose to be vgt with 66/94 mm wheel . Its just taking its time getting here ... I wanted to stay with vgt so I didn't lose street use(close to stock)

I am planning on reg return kit from driven diesel , and innovatives ficm tuner , but what I am not sure 100% on is to go with injectors

I do sled pull and sometime take the truck to the race track, so I was thinking about running 190/100 injectors - not sure how hot they will be for daily and towing(if temp would be what I am getting now but on tow tune then I m happy)
or should I run 175/75????

any thoughts

peixinho

Reaction score
Do not use a boost fooler... there is no need with this truck. Your tuner/pcm needs those readings to properly open and close the vgt vanes. You will blow up your turbo using that.

That madmax will need some bigger injectors. I would go with 190/30... it would make great power and still be able to tow with. Also just fyi 75 nozzles have been shown to flow up to 240cc of fuel... putting 75 nozzles on a 175 or 190cc injector is overkill... and I am running 175/75.

Sounds like it is going to be an awesome running truck

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
ok thanks for the info!!!

boost fooler is going to be left on the shelf lol

just a question tho : are you saying even 190/75 are too much ? will the tip being that big drain the injector to point of killing them ?

don't get me wrong here and guys off the deep end: but how much smoke difference is there between 30-75-100 tips?

I would like to be able to tune back to stock and blow little to no smoke (or custom tune with fuel pulled back)for e-testing. Then tune a street tune that clears it up to a light mid haze wear I am now. Then tune big tune at truck pull and dyno with smoke and lots of power.

after reading your post I am not sure .. I wanted to run 190/100 but now I may not.

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
that wouldn t happen to be your red truck on you tube with the 175/75-68 turbo vid would it? dyno and drive by... nice light haze once spooled great for the street!

Last edited:

peixinho

Reaction score
nope... not my truck but I know the guy.

I am running 175/75 and a similar turbo to the madmax... it cleans my injectors up to nothing once it spools.

I just went through smog this week and past on stock tuning. (not too smokey on stock tuning)

I bet 190/75 or 205/75 would be a good combo. The tuner will know what to do with the combo... Jesse warren recently flow benched 350/75 injectors and they flowed 240cc of fuel at 4000psi and 2.4 ms of pulse width. What that essentially means is that a 75% nozzle is big enough to dump 240cc of fuel... that just seems overkill for a 175cc injector. I would do a 175/30... But everyone has their own opinions

Latest posts

Members online