Loosing Coolant into intake

Wastegate

Reaction score
I got another 6.4 Im looking to buy off my boss, 2010 harley f350 with 247~km. She started to burn coolant, light amount of white steam out of tailpipe. Need to fill up coolant everyday with - 50km of driving. I noticied a light spray of coolant around the cold side intercooler pipe and a drip coming from the bottom of the intercooler. Drained about 500 ml of coolant out of the intercooler. Now my thinking has it pointed at the EGR coolers, as they are the only means of coolant upstream of intake manifold, Correct? Or is my thinking off? I am aware that the vgt acuator is coolant cooled to along with the fuel cooler however I dont believe they are connected to the intake. Should add it is flashed with a canned SCT flash, do they disable the egr valve? Thanks

Jbird

Reaction score
If its not on off road tuner your egr is still running. IE if it didnt ask you if you have egr or dpf delete when loading the tune the no your egr is not disable

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It doesnt make a ton of sense for it to have coolant in the intercooler unless its leaking from the egr cooler into the intake blend elbow and then running down the intercooler pipe into the intercooler while the engine is shut down. I can see it burning it like that but only way it would get into the intercooler is while the engine is off and the cooling system is still pressurized (warm)

Wastegate

Reaction score
It doesnt make a ton of sense for it to have coolant in the intercooler unless its leaking from the egr cooler into the intake blend elbow and then running down the intercooler pipe into the intercooler while the engine is shut down. I can see it burning it like that but only way it would get into the intercooler is while the engine is off and the cooling system is still pressurized (warm)
Right? Thats the only explanation I could think of. But you think it would fill into the intake manifold first... It really weird draining the intercooler. As for the tuner ill have to look into that. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Members online