Loosing power

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have an 03 F-450 that I am working on for a buddy. He is having a wierd issue where the Water in Fuel light is coming on and the truck is loosing power. Kinda like going into limp mode.

I have changed out the sensor, drained the tank, cleaned it out, and replaced the fuel. Removed the fuel filter housing from the frame rail and cleaned it out. Truck is still doing the same thing.

I even tried unplugging the sensor and running the truck like that and I am still getting the same issue. Light will shut back off after a random period of time and truck will run fine until the light comes back on.

Any Idea's/Things to check?

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple years ago, it ended up being a bad fuel pump. It finally quit when I tried to drain the water separator for about the 5th or 6th time.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I have no idea, mine would feel strong on the bottom end then fall on it's face. We were getting ready to head to the track one evening and I tried to drain the separator to get the light to turn off, then the truck wouldn't start, quickly slapped on another pump and that fixed everything.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I just drove the truck and noticed that I am getting a wts light when the water in fuel light comes on. Truck died when coming back into the driveway. Found codes for crank and cam sensor, going to replace them and check it out further.

I am really baffled now that I noticed the wts light is on as well. No other codes are showing up when testing with my A/E.

Latest posts

Members online