Lost power and lots of white smoke when cranking

ford_muscle1

Reaction score
So I was driving down the interstate last night and the truck lost power and died doing 65. I was able to muscle it over and tryed to restart the truck. While cranking it was blowing so much white smoke someone called the fire dept. it would just barely start and would run for a few seconds then would die again all the while blowing tons of white smoke. Any ideas?

History on the truck. It is studded and egr is deleted, was just in the shop for no start in November. They replaced the FICM, HPOP and IPR, along with some glow plugs.

ford_muscle1

Reaction score
Coolant is not low. It was having a harder time than normal starting up the past couple days, I just chalked it up to the colder than normal weather we have been having. But now I think that may also have something to do with the current problem.

ford_muscle1

Reaction score
Can't crank it over at this point since the tow truck guy left the lights and key on the whole time. So charging the batteries then see where that leads.

I was thinking injectors when it happened. Maybe one of the injectors stuck open? What kind of damage could that possibly lead to?

ford_muscle1

Reaction score
Ok so got it sorted out today. Turns out #8 injector was hanging up. So now the big question. Replace all with ford injectors? Or replace them with something else? Or just replace the one bad one?

I eventually want a upgrade the turbo and be making low to mid 500's for horsepower.

Latest posts

Members online