lpop

psduser1

Reaction score
Who's got the best prices on either a Motorcraft or Mellon low pressure oil pumps? Need one quickly!

psduser1

Reaction score
Negative. Orielly, autozone, and my normal parts guy can all get an m208, standard per replacement pump, nobody is showing a "high volume" pump.

psduser1

Reaction score
Thanks billy.
I've looked at the diesel site piece, very nice! Actually placed an order there today.
I've heard a lot of things about the melling, I was under the impression there was a standard pump, and a high volume version. Apparently I was mistaken, as the part number I listed is the only replacement I could readily find, and that is described as a standard oem replacement, I.e. not high volume.
There was a thread discussing this, just haven't had time to find and reread it, lol.

psduser1

Reaction score
I was thinking of a more recent thread, but thank you for the link, rusty. That's from before I got into a 7.3, lol.

TARM

Reaction score
THe best price you can get anywhere is from Advance auto. Go online and find a coupon code for 40% or whatever the highest one you can find for the full price of the melling pump. You can then check online the inventory for the ones that are local to you. If none have one just have it mailed thru online. If there is one local choose in-store pickup for that store. Then order it online and apply the coupon. You can get it for under $50 doing it that way. You may even save more if you need something else from the store and can then use an even larger coupon for a larger total amount. Look up my name and melling pump and advance auto and I gave links pics and detailed instructions.

But I seriously doubt you are going to find it anywhere else for under $50 and still if you lucky like me be able to run down to the store and pickup with your printed receipt.

I do this all the time and why I use advance auto so much. If not for the way they do coupons I would hardly be there.

psduser1

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I wish I had time to plan ahead like you're saying tarm, but there is no advance close to me.
Ivery got one coming thru oriellys, be here at 10 this am, so I can get this together today. Can't have this truck down another day.
Once the newish truck is together, the time thing should ease up.

I appreciate the input!

psduser1

Reaction score
Yea, yea, probably doesn't need it. Four more bolys, I'm already there replacing the main seal. This truck gets run pretty hard, and they're cheap.

Latest posts

Members online