making a list checking it twice

shorty2tall

Reaction score
ok so my goal to 500 weather i keep the truck i have or get an OBS. im making a list to figure out the whole cost and start buing things here and there as funds permit.
what all will i need and what are good brands i already know who im getting injectors from but the rest im not sure.
cam yes or no?
i know ill need forged rods, push rods, turbo, oil, fuel. what else and what brands?

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Cam not a necessity but nice to have and you'll already have the motor torn apart so why not.
T4 mount and turbo from Jake at Irate
SRP1 HPOP
Fuel system from Jake
I would go ahead and do springs and studs for piece of mind. All of this and some good tuning will net a good combo. You'll need to take care of your tranny for that much power as well, a stocker won't cut it.

I would give Jake a call, he is great to work with and can set you up with literally every part you need from start to finish. I personally like doing it this way so you don't forget small parts and usually vendors will give you a discount for having a bigger purchase.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
You don't need a cam. Your engine wont be that far torn apart either. Strictly saying you get a forged rod motor. If you replace your PMR rods with forged, then yeah it'll be that far torn apart.

Springs, studs, 38r or t4 mount and turbo, chip with custom tunes, 250/100 or 250/200, fuel system, srp-1, and gauges. If its a manual you'll need a clutch. Automatic, get a BTS, twisted, or john woods.

bruce

Reaction score
i mean it could work, some dude with a 38r w/ 1.15 externally gated made like 580. but for the sake of argument, go with the t4 style mount

Latest posts

Members online