Maybe a crazy idea

Reaction score
First I'd just like to say that if this is in the wrong section I apologise. Second is my maybe crazy maybe not so idea. While lazily cruising a backroad the other day my mind started to wander more so to how badly I really wanted to be shifting gears manually, however just finishing a over year long hunt I discovered it quite difficult to find a powerstroke that is in decent shape and also a manual. It was then that my mind went to work. With today's technology of the tap shifter ranging down to as old as the 6.0l in the aftermarket world, how difficult would it be to make a fake manual shifter? Something that would simply bolt under neath the dash and plug into the obdII port? I mean, there's already guys who have cracked transmission tuning, how hard would it be to simply change the idea of the tap shifter so instead of the transmission taking orders from the two little buttons, instead a shifter located on the floor? Maybe I'm just crazy, maybe one of the sponsors has had the idea already and is hiding progress, but I know I for one would buy one if it was priced similar to a tap shifter kit simply for the novelty as I'm sure many others would too. Mind you it would be clutch less, but then there's less whining from the girlfriend that she can't drive your truck, nor painful city driving. And if you get sick of it, you simply slide the shifter into drive and drive normally, no problem.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Maybe it's time to look a little harder for a manual trans truck, then you won't have to dream about this

Reaction score
I've looked pretty far for a manual truck (two provinces wide, went 600km for my last 7.3) and everything i find with a manual is usually a rough old work truck that's rusted out or beaten up. Plus they don't make 6.7 manuals.

Koda22

Reaction score
I think ur better off buying an older beater that's manual....then when you want to you can get the shifting gears out of ur system....other wise you drive the truck

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
I just sold this bad boy 6 speed with 130k on it...but it was a 7.3 you missed out

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84

Latest posts

Members online