Melted #5 piston

Kyle308

Reaction score
Hey guys so I bought my 03 f250 2 months ago with 75k has an older edge on it which I do not like. Last weekend cruising level was on 3 it start missing badly no smoke no knocking limped it to the shop put my scanner on it #5 was -55 on the balance test so I pulled the injector put my borescope down the cylinder and the top half of the piston is clearly melted. It does have a reman injector in that cylinder. So anyways I am looking into a reman engine from either black water engines or performance machine. Anyone use them? It will be a studded long block egr ****** all the bullet proofing. Also goin to send my injectors to warren diesel to have them rebuilt to 175cc. As well as get a billet wheel and get a real tuner sct. Anything else I should do while I'm here and has anyone used the places I listed for an engine?? Thanks in advance!!!

Kyle308

Reaction score
Oh also in going to buy a damn insight!! That should've been the first thing I bought for the truck!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
If this was a customers truck I'd be quoting a long block.

But since it seems like a hobby truck and your doing the work yourself. Why not pull her apart?

Swsignal5

Reaction score
Hey guys so I bought my 03 f250 2 months ago with 75k has an older edge on it which I do not like. Last weekend cruising level was on 3 it start missing badly no smoke no knocking limped it to the shop put my scanner on it #5 was -55 on the balance test so I pulled the injector put my borescope down the cylinder and the top half of the piston is clearly melted. It does have a reman injector in that cylinder. So anyways I am looking into a reman engine from either black water engines or performance machine. Anyone use them? It will be a studded long block egr ****** all the bullet proofing. Also goin to send my injectors to warren diesel to have them rebuilt to 175cc. As well as get a billet wheel and get a real tuner sct. Anything else I should do while I'm here and has anyone used the places I listed for an engine?? Thanks in advance!!!

I have a whole 6.0 overhaul kit in my garage. I bought 2 a while back and only used one. It has Pistons rings wrist pins all gaskets oil cooler the whole shi bang. Every sensor. Stan pipes head bolts rod bolts all hpop fittings and jigs. I mean absolutely everything. 2300 shipped if your interested in doing it yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle308

Reaction score
Well I'm doing a long block cause I simply do not have time to do it myself. Rebuilding the motor myself takes time lol and I'm short on time. Plus with a long block I get a warranty. If I had time and our shop was slow I'd be doing it for sure! Haha

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Do not use performance machine!!!!!!! I'm speaking as someone who got ***ked over by their "warranty". Its all fine while they're selling you their chit, but yhey gotta cover it they no longer exist..... Heard that this is how they've always been. Also put in a deal with the bbb and they came back with the emails and other contacts were undeliverable. So do not *** yourself too...

golfer

Reaction score
Well I'm doing a long block cause I simply do not have time to do it myself. Rebuilding the motor myself takes time lol and I'm short on time. Plus with a long block I get a warranty. If I had time and our shop was slow I'd be doing it for sure! Haha

shoot me an email, and I'll email you a quote...

[email protected]

we do a lot of stripped short blocks (since so many of the 6.0L's already have had the heads done).

here's some pricing on a shortblock:

https://swampsdiesel.com/products/6-0l-performance-short-block/

we also build a complete balanced and blueprinted longblock with new Motorcraft injs, Motorcraft HPOP & IPR, new Motorcraft lifters, Colt stage1 cam, ARP studs, EGR ******, etc is around $12k

Kyle308

Reaction score
6.0 tech thanks for the heads up! I will not use them I tried to call them got some weird google voice thing then I saw all their terrible reviews!! Golfer email sent!!!

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You can't get much better quality, assurance, and long life than swamps.

Latest posts

Members online