Mini max loose connection

Bair

Reaction score
My minimax is probably close a year and a half old. Ever since it was new I had trouble with a loose connection with it and for a while I couldn't figure it out. But it has kept getting worse. Finally I pinpointed it to being the connection on the module itself. Not the cord. If I put up pressure on the cord right at the mm it will connect and work fine but if I just let the cord hang it will lose connection and shut off. Anybody else have this issue? What can I do about it? Don't really feel like spending another $12-$1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
call H&S, they'll get you fixed up. usually about $350 to repair a circuit board

when installing a Mini Maxx, you want to make sure that the HDMI cable isn't putting any sort of side-load on the connection at the circuit board

Bair

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought maybe they'd reply here but that's what I'll do.
I just have the regular suction cup mount and the cord running up from the bottom, so no side load.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
is your window mount fairly straight or do you have a good tight "S" curve in it?

if you've got it just sticking straight out from the windshield and it's able to bounce up and down, that might have contributed to the problem. I put a couple tight bends in it and they don't move at all that way.

something to consider

Bair

Reaction score
I'll check on that. Didn't really take that into consideration. Basically just have it as low on the windshield as I can and then bend it up so it doesn't hit the dash. Good point.