Mini maxx vin locked?

Kent94

Reaction score
So I totaled my truck 2 weekends ago. I got the mini maxx out and went to the scrap yard to de tune the truck. The truck was flipped on the roof when I totaled it. At the scrap yard I turned the key on and everything came on and I was able to do what I thought de tuned it. It now says HD300 tuning not installed but still says my vin #......SO I'm wondering what the verdict is? Paper weight or is it not locked? Thanks

Dzchey21

Reaction score
not sure either way let me know when you want to sell it how much you want for it

Kent94

Reaction score
If its not vin locked id like to keep it for my next truck....if it is then I guess make me an offer. Ill try to call H&S tomorrow and let you know.

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
As long as you returned the vehicle to the stock tuning, you are good (Download = Not Installed). The device will retain the last known VIN and vehicle information even after it is returned to stock. There is no reason to erase that kind of information after a return to stock, as we can still use it quite often for tech support.

When you plug it into another vehicle it will pull the vehicle information again and overwrite what was saved from the previous vehicle.

Sent while flying down the Interstate in the back of a motorhome with Zane behind the wheel.... OMG

Kent94

Reaction score
As long as you returned the vehicle to the stock tuning, you are good (Download = Not Installed). The device will retain the last known VIN and vehicle information even after it is returned to stock. There is no reason to erase that kind of information after a return to stock, as we can still use it quite often for tech support.

When you plug it into another vehicle it will pull the vehicle information again and overwrite what was saved from the previous vehicle.

Sent while flying down the Interstate in the back of a motorhome with Zane behind the wheel.... OMG

The download says not installed. It shows my vin and but says 2011 ford i had a 09 and I updated the Tuner version for 6.7 powerstroke and it still shows my 6.4 tuner version. I try to download to my friends 6.7 and it keeps saying error try updating and I updated 4 times already. Still cant figure it out.

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
The download says not installed. It shows my vin and but says 2011 ford i had a 09 and I updated the Tuner version for 6.7 powerstroke and it still shows my 6.4 tuner version. I try to download to my friends 6.7 and it keeps saying error try updating and I updated 4 times already. Still cant figure it out.

If you changed vehicle application to 2011-2012 Ford, it will show that in show settings. Tuning version will NOT update until the tune is loaded to the vehicle. Since you have not loaded a tune since the 6.4, your tune version still shows the 6.4 information.

What is the exact error you are getting when trying to install on 2011 Ford?
The most common error on that particular vehicle is an unrecognized part number. Upon initial install, the H&S Product will link your truck ECM to a stock file on our SD card. If we do not have your particular stock file (there are hundreds), on the SD card, you get an error.

Get me the exact error you are getting, and exactly WHERE it reports that error and I'll get you pointed in the correct direction.

Last edited:

Kent94

Reaction score
He bought the unlock code for 6.7 also and it does not even ask for that. It says turn key off turn key on then error. It gave me a code but I'll have to get it tomorrow. But it says download not installed.

Kent94

Reaction score
His truck is also a 2012 by the way. But it says 2011 and shows my vin and shows 6.4.49 tuner version. But the error I will get tomorrow

Kent94

Reaction score
If you changed vehicle application to 2011-2012 Ford, it will show that in show settings. Tuning version will NOT update until the tune is loaded to the vehicle. Since you have not loaded a tune since the 6.4, your tune version still shows the 6.4 information.

What is the exact error you are getting when trying to install on 2011 Ford?
The most common error on that particular vehicle is an unrecognized part number. Upon initial install, the H&S Product will link your truck ECM to a stock file on our SD card. If we do not have your particular stock file (there are hundreds), on the SD card, you get an error.

Get me the exact error you are getting, and exactly WHERE it reports that error and I'll get you pointed in the correct direction.
I got the error. It says word for word "unrecognized part number cc20ane.mm" and says to contact H&S for support

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
I got the error. It says word for word "unrecognized part number cc20ane.mm" and says to contact H&S for support

First I would make sure you update firmware. Menu, scroll down, update firmware. Then try to reinstall.

Unfortunately I am not at a computer that I can verify your specific stock file. All stock files are contained in the FORD67 folder on your SD card. If the file error you are getting is not contained in that folder, the download will never install.

If you can't figure it out, give our tech support a call. 888-628-1730

Kent94

Reaction score
First I would make sure you update firmware. Menu, scroll down, update firmware. Then try to reinstall.

Unfortunately I am not at a computer that I can verify your specific stock file. All stock files are contained in the FORD67 folder on your SD card. If the file error you are getting is not contained in that folder, the download will never install.

If you can't figure it out, give our tech support a call. 888-628-1730

Ok what will the file say in the sd card? Thank you

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Update the tuner. If you're still getting the file error, download the full SD card update and copy/paste the FORD67 folder to your card. Should be good to go.

Kent94

Reaction score
Update the tuner. If you're still getting the file error, download the full SD card update and copy/paste the FORD67 folder to your card. Should be good to go.

Ok I updated the 6.7 update. And did the firm ware and didn't get nothing. So ill try to full sd hopefully it works! Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
make sure you follow the online update instructions closely.

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
Ok I updated the 6.7 update. And did the firm ware and didn't get nothing. So ill try to full sd hopefully it works! Thanks

I would use the H&S auto update program. Some manual downloads do not contain all the stock files. Guys doing the downloads manually are often not looking for stock files, or doing an initial install so do not need those files. The FORD67 folder, for example, is around 500MB if I remember correctly. In your case, you DO need stock files, so either do the full SD download, or the automatic updater (will update EVERY file that is old or missing).

Again, you can KNOW whether your device should install or not by simply looking on your SD card in the FORD67 folder. Your device gave you an error, that is the file it is looking for. If the file is in there, you wont get an unrecognized part number error any more. If it is not, you will continue to get the error.

We COULD go ahead and tune trucks without any stock files on the SD Card if we wanted, but you would get an error when you attempted to return the vehicle to stock. So we decided it was important to verify the stock file was available before tuning the vehicle.

Last edited:

Maxstone

Reaction score
I bought a 2013 F250 that had a min maxx Programmer on it that is vin locked with the wrong vin. It is locked with a 2011-2012 and none matching vin but it is a Ford F250 6.7 diesel like mine. Just wrong year and vin. What do I do.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Is the programmer being used as gauges now with no ability to tune?

You say the 2013 had the MM on it. Is that only in the form of gauges?

You should be able to by a Vin unlock code.

sootie

Reaction score
You could get a vin unlock and retune the truck with it...

Latest posts

Members online