Miss after engine build

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So got done building my buddy's motor and now we got low.compression, with exhaust valves hanging open.

Mods are:
Rcd stage 1 cam
Rcd lufters
Rcd push rods
Warren 190/30
Kc stage 2
Heads o ringed and stdded with fel pro gaskets

Any one run into this? Started with cylinder 6, taking the rocker off and putting it back together fixdd that cylinder. Now have 1,3,4, &8 flagging on relative compression, and so far 1 &3 have hung exhaust valves. Havent torn the other side apart yet, but it seems that the lifters are sticking in the bores. The lifters were soaked in oil for about 48 hours prior to installation. It may have been more though.

I am pullin my hair out at this point. Thanks.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
All the air is out, but it doesnt have compression. Cyl 1 was 125-150, cyl 3 225, cyl 7 cause it was kinda over fueling on th power balane was 350. Cyl 6 before taking it apart and checking was barely bumping the gauge. Cyl 1 &3 have about 90% leak down out the exhaust with the rocker on, havent taken the rocker off 3 yet, but 1 still has about 20%, but wer thinking it may be fuel washed right now.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Silly question, but you did use the lifter trays correct?

Reaction score
Did the heads get new guides installed? Really the only things that can hold the valve open is a bad guide or if the pistons smacked the valves and they are now bent. Every time I've seen a lifter issue that's messing with the valves the push rods are bent and/or the rockers start breaking in half.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
On the valves that were hanging open. Are the rockers loose when that cylinder is on the compression stroke? Or are they still tight.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Lifter trays were in right, factory cam/crank alignement tool used, and rockers were tight when valve was hung open. Got in today and scratched my head some more at what the hell was going on. Turned out we got elite push rods, which are normal 6.0 length. Went down to the shop that sold us the stuff, luckily they had a set of rcd push rods on hand. Installed those and truck runs great. Thank you all for your help! :toast:

Latest posts

Members online