more fuel than air??

superstroker99

Reaction score
I have a S475 with a 2.6 cover running 350/200's from full force, Had brian jelich tune it for me. the truck seems stronger on my 4 smaller tunes. are the 2 bigger tunes just throwing to much fuel and not enough air to support it? My HPOP is holding 3000 psi all the way to 3900 rpms.

superstroker99

Reaction score
on the smaller tunes it starts clearing the smoke some above 40psi egts i have no clue when it lights its pegs the 1600 guage. The bigger tunes smoke dont clear up at allll. egts follow the smaller tunes. all tunes are making about 52psi max in the street my extreem4500 tune makes 55 but its one of my "bigger" tunes. I dont know just makes since its not enough air for it to run better on less fuel

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Based on signatures.. your guys truck would probably run pretty smokeless. Seeing as how he stated he's running a 475... well yeah. That and 350/200's are a big variable of the smoke equation

mattman347

Reaction score
My 350's do not smoke real bad and my EGT's stay manageable. I would say some tuning needs adjusted and that 96 turbine is a monster wheel to get moving. Not saying it has not been done before with that wheel, it just seams on the large side.

smoker00

Reaction score
When I was tuning my PT7685 turbo with my 350cc b-codes my small tunes would spool faster from a dead stop if I slammed it to the floor.. my big tunes would take a bit longer to spool all I did is pull a little low boost fueling out and messed with the timing it helped a bunch.

This is just what helped me hope it helps you.
And give Bryan a call and pick his brain. A little.. he has way more knowledge than me as do many others..

superstroker99

Reaction score
No boost leaks i can see boots look fine all my clamps are in plcae. I know the drag3b can handle nitrous. im sure tunning needs a little tweaking every truck is different. Im running a .078 jet even on the bottle the smaller tunes reacts more to it. on drag3b i cant even feel it when i hit the button

under pressure

Reaction score
Sounds like timing as stated before.
Or not enough nozzle for the big tunes if the timing is tuned for spray.
Bottle pressure ? Its awfully cold out !

superstroker99

Reaction score
not sure what pressure was, i always heat the bottle before a run sprayed maybe 3lbs. last i weighed the bottle its was 29lbs 33lbs full i need to get a guage.

under pressure

Reaction score
Ive tried 3, 1 canned downloader and two custom chips, i like Beans Tunes so much i have no need to try any others.

Beans, Gearhead, PHP and a hand full of others make the top 10 list. I dont believe you can go wrong with the top 5 now a days.

With what your shooting for, find a high end dyno tuner, these arent too fr from you.

Beans is at 210 Rollin Coal Lane Woodbury TN 37190
Swamps is at 304 Sandhill Road, Suite A, La Vergne, TN 37086

Last edited:

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
You dont have to much fuel, i would say if its safe fore nitrous it doesnt have enough timing. I run the same charger pretty much with 455/400's. not on the street but i have an idea of how it acts.

Latest posts

Members online