MPD Single turbo kit

Dzchey21

Reaction score
6.4s have the ability to deliver x-amount of fuel in a shorter amount of time than a 6.0 can, so that makes egts lower, and power better, and also allows to spool turbos better because timing is more in control too.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Impressive power and great work on this kit.

Not to derail thread but Dustin what makes this video ok with YOU? The fact that its a 6.4? You sure threw a fit over a private parking lot video. Just sayin...

I have no problem with any video like this :bowfast:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with a 6.4

mpd knows how I feel about their street racing vids too.

Honestly I never watched the vids untilled dyrrel pointed it out...

I have already been down this. I apologized it should be overwith...

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
So why is it 6.4s are able to spool such big turbos so easily over a 6.0? A single that big would be a joke of a street truck on a 6.0 and towing would be completely out of the question..

So what is it exactly...?

A 6.0 isn't useless with that big of a turbo either it's all in who you talk to and also has alot to do with how you do your piping
Keep the piping short use stainless and get rid of the factory uppipes from the 6.0 and don't use adapter plates

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Anything else you guys think i should do to the truck while its torn apart? It has a full egr delete. Ic pipe, intake elbow, airdog 150 thinking maybe a airdog 165 so i can adjust the pressure... Has a built tranny with a true tripple lock converter in it.... I was thinking headstuds and a HP pump but I'm not sure... Any anyput would be great, or should i just put the money towards gears....

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
If he did this I would recommend adding a filter in between the HPFP and the airdog since your deleting the stock fuel bowl.

Why? The Air Dog filters so good that it isn't really necessary. I have gone 15,000 miles on my top filter and it look spotless. The extra filtration is nice, but I don't think it's necessary.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
FWIW jeff 40 microns is the size of a piece of dust, which is about the smallest the human eye can see, these filters go clear down to 5 microns, so you would never be able to see what is getting filtered.

I run an air dog to both of my pumps no underhood filter. All depends on how anal you are about your filters imho

Latest posts

Members online