Multi-function switch dis-assembly?

JCart

Reaction score
Hi Fellas,

Posted this over on PSN too...

I wanna install a micro toggle switch in the end of the multi-function switch and run the wires inside the arm, anyone ever pulled one apart? It looks like it snaps together but I don't want to start yardin on it and break it.... Ideally if I could get the end rotary cap off (windshield wiper knob) drill a small hole in the end to install the Mirco toggle and run wire inside down close to the base would be cool.

Any insight would be apreciated,

thanx,

jrc

Zmann

Reaction score
Your going to poke your Eye out!

LOL

whats the switch for ?

Zmann

Reaction score
lol gotcha

I found these cool voice recognition relays for different stuff no switch needed

Zmann

Reaction score
well if your interested??

I found those on the same isle as the Electric Turbo chargers

LOL

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Only problem I see is that it doesnt take much force to flip the multi function lever up or down to activate a blinker....

JCart

Reaction score
Only problem I see is that it doesnt take much force to flip the multi function lever up or down to activate a blinker....

Yes good point, was thinking of using a micro toggle switch (in addition to actual switch size to fit in head). The other thought I had was to use a long lever toggle, provided it wasn't too long. Currently working on a bracket to attach near the end of the multi-s arm that will house the thinking now a long toggle...

jrc

Tom S

Reaction score
I think I would get me a junkyard one to practice on. If nothing else one from a Taurus or something. How about a link to the lights you want to run.

JCart

Reaction score
S1100_catalog.jpg

http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solstice_Series/c1_48/index.html

Have a pair of these mounted in the bumper holes currently.

jrc

Last edited:

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
all the wiper contacts are in the end of the switch and the base of the lever already has alot of wires so its a no go! ever thought about duct tape, zip ties, bubble gum? lol sorry i had to say it! maybe you could just try a logical place to mount it like the dash or just wire it to the headlamp switch since they are such a low wattage

JCart

Reaction score
So what i'm thinking now is to clamp a fitting that will hold the switch onto the Multi-switch column toward the end of it. Not as clean looking as installing in the end of the M-Switch but should still be functional....

jrc

Tinman23

Reaction score
I agree, so discreet. I had to look at the pics for several seconds to know there was even a toggle on there.

LOL...awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online