My experience with MFI

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my experience with Maryland Fuel Injection. First, yes, one of my solenoids was on backwards. Like stated in the other thread, mistakes happen we're all human. But I would like to share the rest of my experience.

I called on a Monday and spoke to Greg. I asked "how soon could you look at my injectors" he said "how soon could I get there?" I took a vacation day on Thursday to make the hour and twenty minute trip south.

Once I got there he immediately took my injector to the flow bench and said I could wait while he did them. After flowing the first four and discovering they were all stuck open dumping oil he started to take them apart. He kept coming back in the room and started showing me each thing that was wrong with the injector. After opening the second injector and discovering the same problems he said that I would be better off leaving them and he would mail them back to me. I told him I was off on Friday and really needed the truck running. He then told me that I could come back tomorrow and he would stay at the shop until they were finished that night.

Greg called me at 9:30 Thursday night and said that they were all rebuilt and flowing within 3 cc's of each other. Friday morning I arrived at the shop around 10 am and he showed them all to me. Nozzles looked great (don't know if they took a ride in an ultrasonic cleaner or what). He then boxed them up and charged me what he originally quoted. I thought for sure it would have been more with the work involved.

It was about 7:30 Friday night when I discovered the issue with the one injector. I called the shop and got the answering machine because they were closed. I then posted here to look for a solution. After I posted I sent a private message on Facebook to them stating the problem and got an reply within five minutes that Greg would call me. Not even ten minutes later my phone rang. By the time the phone call came in I discovered it was only the solenoid and fixed it myself but thanked them for going the extra distance making sure I was ok and satisfied.

Once I got everything buttoned up on Saturday and started it up and took it for a ride. I couldn't believe the difference in what I had before and what I have now. I honestly don't think my injectors were ever right the whole year I ran them.

I just wanted to share my whole experience since these guys were slamming busy getting trucks ready for TS in a week or so and taking care of me in less than 24 hours. A big thumbs up to them.

dustinz85

Reaction score
Greg is the man, he has helped me on the phone with some setup questions for my neighbors that have me tinker on their trucks. Great shop to deal with!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Good to hear. Sounds like a stand up company, making sure the customer gets taken care of.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
They are good people down there, Craig, Mike, Greg, Buddy,...Bobby was until he told me last night he was going with a dodge....but non the less All a solid group of guys, they are in it for the industry, and the fun, not the all mighty dollar. That's why we are proud to sell their products! Keep up the good work guys

Reaction score
Glad to hear it been thinking of getting them to build my injectors as I only live 30 mins from the shop.

Powerstroke 7.3 work in progress !!!! Yfz450 intake exhaust jets + lots of other goodies!!!
Vw jetta tdi straight piped 55 mpgs!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.