My tow pig/DD build thread. F350/Cummins 6.7/twins/6R140

me2

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what the 2017 Superduties are like and what kind of deal I can make.

My 08 is still running, so I've got a bit of time to decide. I might go ahead with the swap, I'll see how busy I am and what the numbers look like. Until now there was no way that I could justify working on my truck over the other stuff I did during that time.

I'm also considering an HDT, we'll see. Swapping up to a larger triple axle toy hauler might be in the cards. Kids are still young, so it isn't a necessity, but at some point we'll probably do that and for that I would want an HDT.

Stay tuned.

It is interesting that Grendel refuses to finish his truck himself or even use his facilities or people. If I don't do my swap, I've still got a good truck and engine to sell. No loss for me. He is going to take a bath, regardless of what he says about the tax implications. Taxes don't turn a bath into a gain and he has a ton of money sitting there, useless. $15K in RB's truck, $20K in that engine, custom frame rails, etc. etc.

Epic fail on his part for relying on RB to do it for him and even more epic that RB doesn't do it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nobody has a clue what you're talking about.

So its safe to say you're going to go trade this thing in on another shttiy powerstroke?

me2

Reaction score
Manche is a Pirate member. He is asking me about my truck to get some revenge for this epic fail.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/tow-rigs-trailers/2096057-diamond-jim-diamond-t-923b.html

Synopsis: Guy#1 builds a "MDT" out of a UHaul and an old International truck. Complete with an IDI. Guy#2 likes it so he decides to build "himself" one. He hires Guy#1, paying him with truck parts for his "MDT". Guy#1 gets half way done Guy#2's truck and quits. Guy#2 doesn't want to finish the project himself, so he is going to part it out. Epic fail all round.

Dunno if I'll buy another Powerstroke. I still like my 08. I test drove a Dodge, didn't like it, but am waiting to test drive a model with rear air suspension. If we get an HDT, I'll get an F150 instead of a Superduty.

I'm too busy right now to look at any of this, so I just keep running what I already have.

Notneb

Reaction score
This is why no matter how long the build thread is, I always check the last page first...

Jason

Reaction score
Funny part about it, is he couldn't even give the play by play on Pirate right. Manche hadnothing to do with ROOSTER BOOSTER (the guy who decided to leave halfway through building Grendel's truck. Rooster Booster never build a mdt from a u'haul, he had a vintage International, or Diamond T, can't recall. Grendel build a sleeper/toter on a Diamond T..guy fails at everything he does..including trying to talk sht.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, the guy (manche i think) said he didnt even have his slander right. Lol

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I'm sorry you read all of it.

Lol it was an interesting read, I'd love to see him go somewhere with it still, but dang! I don't see what's so hard about a 6.7 cummins to a 6r140 and have everything work like factory :poke: I mean, I've done 2 12 valve into obs f350 swaps.. Did the first one in a weekend :rockon:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
Lol it was an interesting read, I'd love to see him go somewhere with it still, but dang! I don't see what's so hard about a 6.7 cummins to a 6r140 and have everything work like factory :poke: I mean, I've done 2 12 valve into obs f350 swaps.. Did the first one in a weekend :rockon:

because there is a big difference between mechanical functions, and electronic functions.

not defending anyone, but those are two very different worlds that are universes apart.

TyCorr

Reaction score
because there is a big difference between mechanical functions, and electronic functions.

not defending anyone, but those are two very different worlds that are universes apart.

True but if you get out of the forums (i know you do) and look around (i know what you do a little bit; nothing but respect) you'll see there are people doing stuff that "you cant do". In the last six months Ive seen a 6l dash in a 7.3 and also a 6.4 dash in a 7.3. Clusters working in both of them. Forums say "you cant do that".

This guy appears to have a track record of starting threads like this and little to nothing ever gets done.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
true, wasn't saying it couldn't be done.

was saying that even if the guy had kept on it, it was going to be a long process.

and the last guys comparison of a mechanical swap to a electronic swap and the implied time frame was kinda retarded.

thats like comparing apples to chainsaws.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
true, wasn't saying it couldn't be done.

was saying that even if the guy had kept on it, it was going to be a long process.

and the last guys comparison of a mechanical swap to a electronic swap and the implied time frame was kinda retarded.

thats like comparing apples to chainsaws.

I was completely joking and being a smartass. I guess a retarded one at that. Sorry you couldn't see the humor. But I know this would be a challenge, and I guess I also don't deal with electronics and multiplexing and datalink everyday. Sorry for the retarded comments. I know nothing.

Latest posts

Members online