Need a little help with exhaust delete

stevens6.7

Reaction score
So I am getting closer and closer to fully deleting my truck ( just need EGR, and waiting for the no limit intake). I can't find the thread but remembering reading some guy asked about the sensors on the factory exhaust and what to do with them. I forgot his exact wording but once I take my factory exhaust off besides installing the new stuff is there anything special I need to do with these sensors and such?

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I'll be running a Mini Maxx with a 5" Flo Pro. Do the sensors need to be tucked away or complete pulled out? Yes I am a newb to this stuff.

Reaction score
Just unplug the sensors before you take out the dpf. They will come out still threaded into the DPF. Tuck/ZipTie the remaining plug/harness up and out of the way and good to go.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Just unplug the sensors before you take out the dpf. They will come out still threaded into the DPF. Tuck/ZipTie the remaining plug/harness up and out of the way and good to go.

Put dielectric grease in the plugs and tape them over so they don't corrode also :) helps if your putting back to stock. And keeps crap out if your up north.... Some people don't live in Florida Josh LOL

Reaction score
Thanks Josh!

Your welcome, and let me know if you need any parts to complete your install.

Put dielectric grease in the plugs and tape them over so they don't corrode also :) helps if your putting back to stock. And keeps crap out if your up north.... Some people don't live in Florida Josh LOL

Yeah this is a good point

Wheres the palm tree and sun smilies when I need them :doh:

stevens6.7

Reaction score

Any special tape to use? I'm in Texas so it's like Florida LOL.

so are you saying you have the cap plugs for the harness???

That would be nice if they make them!