need help/advice!

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
working on assembling the engine for my pulling truck and was putting the first head on today and had another stud pull out of the block:mad:. for those of you that dont know this is the third time it has happened. the other two have helicoils in em. so what should i do just helicoil this one and hope again that no more do it or just helicoil the whole damn block? it has been well lubed everytime so thats not it. also whats a partial filled block weigh? scrap is what $9-10 a hundred.

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
we are helicoiling every single one. didn think about ti till it was too late but i should have just tapped to 9/16" and used bolts and sold these high dollar studs lol.

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Yes h-11. 135 this one popped at 117 goin by digital torque wrench. I have a snap on digital and the first one was when nate assemble so different wrench.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Helicoil pulled at 88 lbs. Anyone want a mock up block?

I didn't say anything, but I knew that was going to happen. I used helicoil before and wasn't to impressed with it.
Sorry about the block though, I'd still like to know why this happened to ya, I've never heard of anyone having this problem:fustrate:

907DAVE

Reaction score
Helicoil's are usually stronger that the original threads, as long as they are installed properly.

Too late to go to a 9/16's bolt?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Damn dude - that sounds like a super soft block..... never had one strip out on me and I torque mine to quite a bit more than 135ft-lbs....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.