Need help running down codes

uga_dawg

Reaction score
I have a CEL that comes up on startup.

I was getting a P2263 but I fixed that by replacing a missing sensor. Now I have 2 codes left I need some help on. P1000 and P0472.

The suggestion I keep seeing with with P0472 is to replace the ebp sensor so that's what I'm thinking there. But I've also seen where that code is a soft code and won't cause a CEL.

The P1000 code surprises me because I thought the tuner would remove that. Should I try an update to see if that removes it. I'm thinking that this code is the one throwing the CEL since it happens on startup.

Truck is an 08 6.4 F350 with Sp tuner and *** and EGR ******. 120k miles. Truck is running great, Im just trying to get rid of the constant CEL.

Any suggestions? Am I on the right track?

uga_dawg

Reaction score
Here are the actual codes

P1000 FORD - On Board Diagnostic System Readiness Test Not Complete

P0472 FORD - Exhaust Pressure Sensor Low

My09Ride

Reaction score
I was getting the P1000, did some checking. As I understand it is nothing to be concerned about. I cleared it a couple of time and hasn't be back in a long time. truck runs great.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
P1000 means drive the truck. It may be setting due to the programmer clearing everything else out, or from batteries being disconnected, or just clearing codes in general. The p0472 could be the ebp, they are fairly common to fail, but also check the pig tail, as i have seen a lot of them melted/burned from so much heat in that area.

uga_dawg

Reaction score
Replaced the EBP sensor today and reset the codes. Hoping that this will clear the CEL light up.

L129

Reaction score
I also have 2263 and 132b. Replaced the EBP sensor and tube. Still have both codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uga_dawg

Reaction score
Replacing the ebp fixed 0472 for me. 2263 was a sensor on the exhaust. In my case the wire was there with no sensor. Put an old sensor on it and zipped tied it to the undercarriage.

If you are getting 2263 after replacing the ebp sensor and tube I would check the wiring harness.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.