need help, truck died goin down the road

6.0stroker

Reaction score
its a 2005 f250 6.0 stock with 108,000 miles, i was driving down the road and just lost all power then died on the side of the road, i put it in park and tried to start it and it wount even turn over, its like the motor is locked up, its full of oil and nothing was leaking from under it and no codes either?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Get a socket on the front of the crank and try and turn it in either direction,
may be hydro lock....

dieselpower

Reaction score
wats hydro locked? does that mean it crapped the bed?

It means a leak/bypass has allowed coolant and or oil to fill your cylinder, thus "hydro-locking" it and causing it to not turn. Obviously the fluids can't compress, so it just jams stuff. That doesn't mean it's ruined, mines hydro locked at least one from EGR failure and it's fine now. It just means it will have to be drained, and the problem fixed to allow it to run again.

Although, to be honest, I'm not sure it would hydro lock while it's running. Usually it happens when it has been shut off. But someone with more knowledge should chime in... I'm not a mechanic LOL

EDIT: It could be your EGR valve, ICP, Ficm, who knows...any codes?

Last edited:

dieselpower

Reaction score
ok, no codes

Could be chafed wiring...maybe trace some wires if you can.

Any way you can check FICM voltage?

If you had no codes and didn't notice anything wrong before this happened, sounds like a wiring / electrical problem to me. You check any fuses?

Last edited:

6.0stroker

Reaction score
i really didnt even think of looking at the tail pipe i was like freakin out

907DAVE

Reaction score
It probably is. Just need to determine why whether a mechanical failure or from hydro lock.

Just to clarify, does it seem like the battery's are charged? Headlights turn on, heater fan operate normal, etc?

6.0stroker

Reaction score
yea wen i turn it over every things works properly just intill you try to start it, it feels like it locked up, i have a gwc motor/transmission warranty

6.0stroker

Reaction score
checked it today and it will turn over and their is coolant in the oil, its loaded on trailer ready to go to ford tommorow cuz i still have a warranty on it, thank god lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online