Need help with a rear end suspension clunk..

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Well guys, I picked this truck not about 2-3 mths ago and the clunk as gotten worse but leveled out. I replaced all shocks this Saturday and its still there...

I get this clunk ish sound when I go over deep dips on the highway or go over speed bumps in parking lots. I can feel it on the seat and kinda in my feet. But Its definitely "behind" me feeling. As in the rear axle. I was thinking it was the cab mount loose ( truck only has 38k on it ) but what ever could it be? Any and all help is appreciated here fellas.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Things like a loose spare tire or worn out tailgate bushings can cause some of this.

Does the truck have a rear sway bar?

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Just installed a new exhaust system hangers were good. I believe it does have a rear sway bar. I will check that. I want to say its almost right where the rear lear connects to the frame, drivers side, closest to the driver end ( not tailgate end )

TheRobenator

Reaction score
Check the u-joints and the yoke going into the differential as well as check the spare tire as said above.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I know age doesnt mean much, but the truck is an 06 with 38k on it. So its not THAT old..

I will check those things. But it has to be suspension related as when I hit dips on the right side of the truck, nothing. I only hear it on the left side.

snoracerx

Reaction score
Sway bar end links would cause these symptoms check them front and rear

Sent from my iPhone

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Okay I'm betting on my rear sway bar now. Does anyone know how to remove the upper link?

Latest posts

Members online