Need help! !!!

bcteck

Reaction score
2002 E450 shuttle bus.

Here is what happened. Changed oil and filter (5w-40 Rotella). Changed fuel filter(wix) and air filter.
As soon as I started it service engine soon light came on.
Runs good but no power. When the light goes out it surges really bad and rpms jump up and down then service engine light will come back on, smooths out but has no power again.

Took new wix fuel filter back off and installed new motorcraft filter with original lid thinking maybe that was the problem but it did not help.

Tried a code reader but said no codes found. ......

Seems like air in system but this has been going on for 2 weeks now. Figured air would be out by now.

Fear No Evil

Yan7gin

Reaction score
For the code you need a powerstroke capable scanner like autoenginity with ford pkg. standard OBD2 won't read powerstroke code

Most likely you hit some wiring when changing all your stuff. Check make sure all is well connected around where you played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcteck

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Checked all the plugs in the general area, but maybe we hit something deeper dealing with that stupid air resonator box. I'll look, thanks again!

Fear No Evil

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Oh lord.

The high pressure oil system.

Is oil up to the full mark?

Yan7gin

Reaction score
HPOP high pressure oil system. Do you have somethings to monitor ICP number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcteck

Reaction score
No, I am a diesel amateur. Just bought this bus for a work truck and it ran awesome until this. Only has 200k miles on it. But I know nothing about diesels.

Fear No Evil

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Gonna be hard telling you to check for things when your not familiar where they are at.

bcteck

Reaction score
I'm pretty mechanically inclined. Have torn down and rebuilt many gas engines. Just never messed with a diesel. I should be a fast learner. Lol

Fear No Evil

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.