need options on short block!

jban126_f350

Reaction score
just put a set of ats heads on my truck made sure the rings were set in good before installing and its failing combustion leak test badly. i need options on a short block maybe in maryland area doesnt matter i was thinking about getting the swamps performance short block dont know if anyone has used it and seen there work. any ideas? i dont want to use MPD ive heard to many bad thing happening to the work coming out of there. just was a short block for pick up or shipment. preferably for a engine builder and not used or as some say "lightly used..." or "...only has a thousand miles on them..." been screwed before.
thanks guys let me know

Sealeveloc

Reaction score
Try calling UCF they are right up in Carlisle, Pa. I got mine through Asheville Engines, no complaints but probably would go with UCF if i did it again.

Gary

Reaction score
How are you doing the leakage test? What numbers are you getting? Try tapping the valve stems with a soft hammer while doing the test. Also have the piston on TDC.

MartyS

Reaction score
Seeking information on Asheville Engines. I have a 6.0 coming from them but when I look at the Bill of Lading it shipped from TS Performance in Bloutville TN? Also on Asheville Engines web site they only list a PO Box no physical address?? I have a call into Asheville and will call TS Performance this morning. Motor is scheduled to arrive Friday 11/20 so any info before it arrives would be very helpful. Thank you.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
just put a set of ats heads on my truck made sure the rings were set in good before installing and its failing combustion leak test badly. i need options on a short block maybe in maryland area doesnt matter i was thinking about getting the swamps performance short block dont know if anyone has used it and seen there work. any ideas? i dont want to use MPD ive heard to many bad thing happening to the work coming out of there. just was a short block for pick up or shipment. preferably for a engine builder and not used or as some say "lightly used..." or "...only has a thousand miles on them..." been screwed before.
thanks guys let me know

shoot me a pm with what your looking for out of the shortblock.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Wait so your thinking the block is bad? How was it prepped?

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Block was bad got a block from dynamic diesel block had a heat crack in the cylinder. I had brand new heads on the old one and had a buddy bring his mobile machining van and he decked the block and it still leaked even with brand new heads and studs. So I put a new short block in with stage 2 cam. New pistons and rods. And hd lifters. Works great runs like a raped ape. Now I'm looking for a non Vgt set up. But I need to sell my barder 3 and a set of new Fire ring heads.

Latest posts

Members online