Need some help no start but cranks

justin.l.angona

Reaction score
Ok this is my first post and I know I don't have my truck in my signature will get to that soon.

The truck is a 2000 f350 7.3. However I just did the ebpv kit.my truck died on me due to the sending unit boot broken, so I replaced it and the truck wouldn't start so that's when I did the turbo pedestal kit, I also replaced both uvwh after that I got the truck to run, I drove it to the store about 8 miles away, truck ran good but had a small stutter. After an hour of shopping jumped into the truck and drove off got about 1 mile away and the truck just died. I realized I didn't put my map sensor back on which is why the stuttering happened so I thought, I had a new spare cps so I put that on and still nothing, it was from the parts store so I figured it may have been crap so I got a cps from the dealership and still nothing. Had the truck towed home so I could put it on the scan tool which is a snap-on solus edge. I am getting plenty of rpms which is 185 to 200, I can see the ipr working but the HPOP was way to high when cranking got all the way up to 2200 even with the icp unplugged. Had code p0605 pcm issue so I replaced it, the pcm code is gone now. I took the hpop off cleaned it, put new o-rings and fittings on, put a new gasket on as well put it back in and still nothing. Scan tool is now showing the icp psi or hpop is not going above 45 psi. I can get the truck to fire with a shot of starting fluid (I know you shouldn't use starting fluid just as I know I'll get someone telling me I shouldn't do so) anyways how would one know if the HPOP is bad I did fill it back up with oil as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

justin.l.angona

Reaction score
Yeah, I have cranked this thing over and over air should be out by now. I am not getting any smoke at first than I get a little after cranking, the oil psi gage takes a but to start working but once it starts reading it does its job.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.