Need some info...

Big Calo

Reaction score
Ive tried to search it here, and also on Google, and come up dry.

My brother has a 96 with a ZF5 2WD and is looking at swapping in a 4R100 out of a 2000 2WD. I know that the trans should bolt up, and may have to do a little driveshaft modifications.

Would probably trade PCMs with the swap as well to get that out of the way, will that work?

And is the wiring for an auto also run under the truck, kinda like plug and play?

Will probably just rig up a floor shift for now, and a LED on the dash for the OD light.

Would get it retuned also. Is there anything I have overlooked, or is that about it?

TARM

Reaction score
SOmeone should be along to confirm that has actually done this but I beleive you are correct.

The PCM from a auto SD should work in a OBS swapped to a auto. I know others that have swapped SD PCM to OBS to get the better tunes and functions of the SD PCM.

The trans harness looking at my BTS is plug and play. Not sure if there would be anything different in a OBS.

Sorry I can not be of much help.

Big Calo

Reaction score
So I would just need the transmission harness from the auto truck, and he would need the harness from the manual, and they should just swap over? Would like for this to be a one day deal, minus the driveshaft, and not have to kill off braincells trying to rewire and rig up the harness.

Swap trannies, harness, pcm, retune, and be back on the road by supper, if I can con a driveshaft shop. LOL!

The only other thing is the OD light, should be a wire coming off the PCM right, and for the switch would a regular toggle switch work, or is it a special switch?

TARM

Reaction score
I would always plan on at least a few headache moments doing anything like this kind of swap. No matter how straight forward it may seem crap always seems to come up.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
As far as I know a sd pcm will NOT work with the obs harness, however for a manual to auto swap youll need an obs auto pcm, auto column and the harness from an obs auto truck.

TARM

Reaction score
Yep upon looking at it more its would be more involved. Some sensor changes wiring harness etc.. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.