New 6.4L Programming release

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Firmer with stock lock.
Not downshifting is going to depend on weight towed and power.
But my TC stays locked all the time from about 35 mph.

3brorce

Reaction score
Thank you. My boost was all over the place and got bad mileage towing maybe 3you thousand pounds. Was pretty windy though and trailer was not very aerodynamic

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Not a problem.
Sometimes mine will downshift and others it wont, but only once.
This is with a 18000+# tall fiver for comparison.
With the fiver I have only towed with the tow tune.
When I have towed under 10000# (pull behind) I have towed with the Street and X-Street.
Street is much easier I think. Not so touchy throttle and dont have to watch gauges much.
But all load the firmer than stock lock tranny tune.

3brorce

Reaction score
Not a problem.
Sometimes mine will downshift and others it wont, but only once.
This is with a 18000+# tall fiver for comparison.
With the fiver I have only towed with the tow tune.
When I have towed under 10000# (pull behind) I have towed with the Street and X-Street.
Street is much easier I think. Not so touchy throttle and dont have to watch gauges much.
But all load the firmer than stock lock tranny tune.

Yea I towed with the street and firmer stock on the way up. Then I changed to tow with firmer stock on the way back and the boost was doing the same thing. Hitting over 30 psi. I got over boost codes with both tunes haha. Hopefully get the new tunes soon so I dont have to see that crap anymore.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Over boost at 30. Mine will hit 40-41 with the tow tune and never had that happen.
You got the updated flash from Ford huh?
I never got it because people were having this issue.
I think Eric figured it out too. I got my tuner updated just in case I have to get the tune for the stupid Commi Basterds in CA.

3brorce

Reaction score
Over boost at 30. Mine will hit 40-41 with the tow tune and never had that happen.
You got the updated flash from Ford huh?
I never got it because people were having this issue.
I think Eric figured it out too. I got my tuner updated just in case I have to get the tune for the stupid Commi Basterds in CA.

Yea I easily hit 40s with x street. First time I ran the Tow tune though and maybe that is why. Yea I have a P30 flash which sucks. I just bought the truck in January and it had it then. Yea, hopefully Eric has got it figured out. haha that is funny

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Sometimes in CA they will not let you register your vehicle if a recall is out for the computer that is for the smog stuff. It sucks. Just paid the registration so I guess the last update didnt have any smog related updates in it.

Latest posts

Members online