new batteries, cranks but wont start

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
As said in title, I just got new batteries today. I was losing power to my stereo (lights were diming) so I went and bought 2 new batteries from my local autozone. I unhooked both batteries at the same time and reinstalled the new ones. Cleaned everything, tightened everything down. When I turned the key into the on position, I could hear my truck cycling and my gages reset In my cluster. I tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over. after doing this several times and holding it for a while, my truck finally started when I pushed the accelerator and I was able to get home.

I got home, washed my truck and went to start it again and it wont turn over.

I'm stumped. Any help to get my back in action would be much appreciated.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Pushing on the go pedal makes no difference. On all the power strokes all the pedal uses is voltage and only after the motor is running.

When I did get my 05 it wouldn't start even w/ 2 fully charged batteries and two vehicles jumping it. No codes.

It ended up being the FICM relay.

Swap relays around, it's free and easy to do. They are near the drivers side battery.

Check your FICM voltage.

Check for codes.

Good luck.

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
I checked for codes and there were none. I let it sit over night. I hit the reset fuel button before I tried to start it up this morning. It started up no problems at all.

I'm not too sure what the deal was but I've never had that happen before.

Latest posts

Members online