New brake pads seem to thick

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
So i got new rear calipers and pads and the right side i pretty much had to beat onto the rotor. The caliper cad all the way compressed. Once i got it on i drove it and the rotor started smoking. So i put my old pads on with the new caliper and it seems fine now. But now the left side is warmer then the right side? I can't decide if i should just sand down the new pads till they fit or just put my old pads in on both sides. I changed calipers due to locking up not bad pads.

Does anyone have the measurement for new OEM pads? 2005-2007

Last edited:

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Did you get new rotors also?

The rotor should be 1.34" wide maximum. So im guessing if you dont have at least that much between you pads you have the wrong pads. Part number for rear pads is 10670 (or at least it is on brake performance web site).

Dont sand the pads down, something is wrong.

Last edited:

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Ok well I did sand the right side pads down 1.4mm each. That gave me enough clearance to get the calipers and pads in. The only thing I can think is that the left rotor is thinner from that break dragging. But now the right rotor is 20* hotter thrn the left. I'm so tired of working on these brakes.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I dont think 20* diff is anything to worry about, could be some crap in the drum causing the e brake shoes to drag a little. Im still trying to figure out why your pads where so tight.

Did you get a re manned caliper or brand new?

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
I got the calipers from R1 concepts I think there remains.
The pads are flat within .1mm
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I may be retard but all i see on the R1 site for the rear of your truck is rotors.

Latest posts

Members online