New CPS increase mileage?

TARM

Reaction score
If you are going from a GOOD working black CPS to a grey then I would say likely a mileage decrease. Now if the CPS was having issues then anything is possible. But most of the people I know that got suckered into a grey from a good black all lost mpg. I lost about 2 mpg back when my X was totally stock from the swap they did without my permission when it was in for a different recall. Even had told them not to touch ANYTHING else. Get a black on if at all possible IMO.

otis_301

Reaction score
If you are going from a GOOD working black CPS to a grey then I would say likely a mileage decrease. Now if the CPS was having issues then anything is possible. But most of the people I know that got suckered into a grey from a good black all lost mpg. I lost about 2 mpg back when my X was totally stock from the swap they did without my permission when it was in for a different recall. Even had told them not to touch ANYTHING else. Get a black on if at all possible IMO.
Same here, went to get the cruise control wiring replaced and they pulled the black cps, and broke it into pieces, then gave me a pos grey one.....Which just left me stranded on the road.

OSCS

Reaction score
I realize this thread is old but what is this is hear about a blue cps being a better upgrade? I have a grey one and wanting to swap the newer one in. Any advice on which to order?

Latest posts

Members online