New manifolds or headers?

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Ok so I need to replace my manifolds cuz they've begun to leak. But was wondering would headers be worth the price? Has anyone used them? Who sales them? Or should I just replace the manifolds with stock but coated?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
David @ D.I. sells headers. I have a set that I am currently installing on my 450. Can't give you any first hand experience with them but they do look pretty. Check out my avitar pic.

You could prob just have your old manifolds planed flat and use gaskets and be good to go though.

DcMoore

Reaction score
That's just what I would do if I had the money.. Better flow is always better and I'm sure they'll drop EGTs a little bit.... Just my thinking.

moose99psd

Reaction score
the gains, through what ive seen and read are minimal with headers it makes it difficult to warrent cost, in my mind anyways.. but they sure do look good!

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
the gains, through what ive seen and read are minimal with headers it makes it difficult to warrent cost, in my mind anyways.. but they sure do look good!

I disagree.

Although for a 1000$ more can be had in other aspects. But, they do help.

Faster Spoolup
Lower EGTs
Lower backpressure.

All the little things help. The engine doesnt have to work as hard to move the exhaust out.

Think of a stock manifold as an arena with say 5000 people all trying to leave their seats at once. All walking down their isle to the main hallway to leave. What happens ? Its like a traffic jam

Headers do help, on a stock to mild modified truck I would spend my money elsewhere. However start hitting the mid 500s on fuel I think they are needed.

genie144

Reaction score
If you don't have a full build... Headers are a waste. I also haven't seen any factual data that they do squat - other than look pretty and sound sweet.

Sam
PS - I run DI headers.

JDub

Reaction score
Stick with the stock manifolds. You can also get a set of gaskets that will help them seal. Your local Ford dealer should have them. If not let us know, we have them on the shelf.

Latest posts

Members online